• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
It's the middle of Feb and no skiing updates from 53? Don't disappoint your fans!

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's the middle of Feb and no skiing updates from 53? Don't disappoint your fans!

27 days
333,000 vertical
380 runs
365.2 miles
47.7 mph top speed

Several days were only a few runs (3, 6 and 7 were the lowest due to fatigue and big crowds respectively)

We only ski mornings until lunchtime

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Glad to see you posting again. Overall, have you had a good season so far? Best memories? Highlights?

I rode the chairlift yesterday with a guy that was two years into skiing. He's 67. Hero in the making.

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
:bestday:
610B87E3-87C7-4A82-8B58-4D03D1B6AD85.jpeg

EE020C29-205C-4C73-9571-20A733BDDA82.jpeg

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You may be more disciplined than me, but I deleted my ski app off my phone. I was skiing too deep into the fatigue zone to hit that number for runs per day, vertical or speed. I'm sure I'm skiing faster than I used to, but I don't worry about the numbers. You may recall that I started at 50 and now at 61 I don't want to risk unnecessary season-ending injuries after breaking my ankle two years ago.

Your view is fantastic!

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You may be more disciplined than me, but I deleted my ski app off my phone. I was skiing too deep into the fatigue zone to hit that number for runs per day, vertical or speed. I'm sure I'm skiing faster than I used to, but I don't worry about the numbers. You may recall that I started at 50 and now at 61 I don't want to risk unnecessary season-ending injuries after breaking my ankle two years ago.

Your view is fantastic!
Funny, I was never pushing or tired all day, I was riding up the “last” lift of the day to download and was about to turn off my SLOPES ski tracker but noticed I had 29 runs. I figured I had to hit 30 and took one more and it was just a gentle green so it would not be tiring

We (a group of about 7) are on the app together and we can keep track of one another. I am also tracking to make sure I’m skiing slower that I was before I started carving as things were getting out of hand speed wise. All but two of yesterday’s runs were under 40 mph

TS
Started at 53

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It was a great year, I exceeded my goals for the 2019/20 season. And my last day was my best day ever.

Also made it through the whole season without falling once, only close call was doing some drills the last week of my season which ended three weeks ago due to work prior to the resorts closing.

Skis and gear go in the man cave today for storage until next season.

jwtravel

JWTravel (man)
Skier
When do you know it is time to stop for the day??? See Below

View attachment 69587
I mean I was freaking 4th in the singles line :facepalm:

I was an epic morning, skied stashes up high as it was 35* when I shoved off at 8:55. Snow was epic/hero stuff. Skied 17 runs and called it a day as it did get busy at the lift as you can see.

Interesting in that I felt I was skiing fast, but did not quite hit 30MPH. I think my speed is more constant for the whole run than it used to be. Did 17 runs today mostly on nearly empty runs, all runs were top to bottom non-stop.:Teleb: Today was the first day all season I did not ski Success.

It is kind of funny, but adjacent runs were crowded, the couple I frequent had very little traffic.
How do I know when to stop for the day? When I am having trouble putting my boot back into the ski binding after a fall, especially on a relatively flat slope.

jwtravel

JWTravel (man)
Skier
How do I know when to stop for the day? When I am having trouble putting my boot back into the ski binding after a fall, especially on a relatively flat slope.
Unfortunately, I kept going at Winter Park and managed to injure my left bursa sac on Village Way at the bottom. Bruising and swelling gone, but permanent little sac of water on my left hip. The bottom of Village Way is more of a Blue in steepness, but I had no business being on any slope at my level of “worn out” at that point.

Sponsor