• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

501's

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My wife calls me "Old Fashion" but I prefer the term Traditionalist after all I do like old skis and old jeans. So my question is how many in the PUGSKI Community still own and wear 501's?

Is there any other jeans to wear? They just fit right!

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I have some but don't pay $50 for new ones. I have several different colors of 501s found used in thrift stores and eBay.

Old fashioned? Me? Perhaps, but in more ways than one. I also snagged a pair of those ridiculous super fat Jinco style Menace jeans lost week. $7.00 shipped LOL! Bring on the 90s day at the office hahaha!
Ask your wife about these...
Vtg-90s-Menace-Jeans-size-36-Raver-Skater.jpg
OMG, Those jeans are as bad as I have ever seen. Not sure they are worth the $7.00 you paid, maybe if you need something to use when working on the car.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
those jnco jeans were so damn comfortable. WTF happened? I dont even know how people get these tight jeans on. They won't go over my thighs.

main-qimg-7b7b9c108a7480f19e7c3c34c371445f.png

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
As they say you can't un-see some things. If that is what passes for fashion I want no part of it. Anyway the people in that picture are younger than my own daughter who would not be seen in something like that.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Volleyball coaches must have been going well out of their way to make sure you joined the team.

Back then volleyball wasn't quite the thing it is now. I did start playing a little club my junior year, mostly because my friends were on the volleyball team and I thought it would be fun to play a fall high school sport senior year (hs soccer was spring, club soccer was fall). But that fall I had to have knee surgery instead, so my brief club season was all I ever did. In no way could a person today pick up volleyball and start playing high school at age 16 -- but then it was possible (for someone with some height and a little athletic ability, anyway).

Oh ... back on topic ... by senior year we had quit wearing 501s. It was the acid-washed Guess jeans and Esprit non-denim, ya know! :roflmao:But I started again soon, with a wonderful pair of baggy belted ones, holes and all, which I still have but they aren't baggy and no longer need a belt ... The holes are spectacular, however. Perfectly faded, too.

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
All my jeans are Carhartts. They come in every waist and leg length. I need 35 x 30. Short legs.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
All my jeans are Carhartts. They come in every waist and leg length. I need 35 x 30. Short legs.

That's the size that fits me best.. FWIW, I got the fatty jeans for laughs. 501s and 505s are my main casual pants. I do have some REI and BSA switchbacks and a pair of Tony Hawk switchbacks that are actually quite nice. I need to get back to about a 32 or 33 ideally, but 35 or 36 is good with a belt right now.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Does Carhartts make a button fly jean like 501's?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Not that I'm aware of. I'm not really keen on button fly so I haven't looked.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
I have some but don't pay $50 for new ones. I have several different colors of 501s found used in thrift stores and eBay.

Old fashioned? Me? Perhaps, but in more ways than one. I also snagged a pair of those ridiculous super fat Jinco style Menace jeans lost week. $7.00 shipped LOL! Bring on the 90s day at the office hahaha!
Ask your wife about these...
Vtg-90s-Menace-Jeans-size-36-Raver-Skater.jpg

Speaking of work, I'm a big fan of old school jeans style corduroy pants, GTFO with those pleated cord dress pants though..

All the ravers wore these in the 90s! :golfclap:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My wife calls me "Old Fashion" but I prefer the term Traditionalist after all I do like old skis and old jeans. So my question is how many in the PUGSKI Community still own and wear 501's?
She's right!

Just found a pair of 501's from the early 1990s in the attic, talk about dad jeans, they seriously §µ¢k!

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Some of the old 501s are worth a LOT of money ... I don't think 1990s, maybe 1890s!

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
She's right!

Just found a pair of 501's from the early 1990s in the attic, talk about dad jeans, they seriously §µ¢k!
I guess we can agree to disagree.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I guess we can agree to disagree.
You haven't seen them on me, wide legs, high waist, look's fricken goofy!
Anyway, Based on the archeological dig of my attic, I had moved on to Earnest Sewn jeans, the Hemingway .07 bonzai or bonza! can't tell, full leg reference. Much better fit. Just that these days guys aren't wearing boot cut "flared" legged jeans, only women, although that could be changing, IDK, I liked them, reminded me of the "Faded Glory" and other low waist bell bottom' ish jeans I wore as a teen in the early '70 prior to moving on to (Videl) Sassoon straight-legged jeans, I used to love their pocket stitching and the fit. Funny, now I prefer plain pockets.
Btw, my excavations also turned up a pair of Levis Capital E matchstick slim straight jeans. Now those are nice! Levis mid to latter '00's attempt at a chi-chi dept store designer jean. Shame I can't fit into them anymore or I'd still wear them:\

The true dad jeans are stretch denim.
My skinny (actually I'm gonna say skinny' ish, based on that prior posted pic ridiculous looking daddy long-legged spider dudes with disproportionate atom-ant upper body development look in their skinny jeans) leg jeans are stretch denim, how do you think my old knees can tolerate being in them! LOL!

Here yeah go (the guy cracks me up, meanwhile, thx to his youtube channel he probably doesn't pay a dime for his wardrobe) ***Warning, @KingGrump, do not watch the following video, you'll never unsee it, just click on this one, and you're welcome, have a great TG holiday! -

Sponsor

Staff online