• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

501's

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
For outdoor activities like hiking and backpacking, I wear Levi 505's that are identical to 501's except the 501's are button down while 505's zipper. For wear around town, wear 511's that are for thin folks. In fact amazon is sending me a pair of 30L/30W now that I'll pick up next week. I prefer the historic blue jean blue colors I've worn for decades.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
-
For wear around town, wear 511's that are for thin folks. In fact amazon is sending me a pair of 30L/30W now that I'll pick up next week. I prefer the historic blue jean blue colors I've worn for decades.
Celebrity stylist is on the same page WRT the 511 (she also likes the 514),

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I've got some 505s I got from costco that stretch a little. I buy their Kirkland brand for work. They are even less flattering than the Levis but they're pretty durable and cheap so I don't care if they get stains or rips. I could never bring myself to spend the money on Cartharts for work when they're going to get trashed relatively quickly.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I loved my 501s back in the day but now that I discovered stretch denim there is no going back!
First post in the new PugSki format!
Because, yesterday I was busy out most of the day doing early Christmas shopping for... Blue Jeans.
I spent all my life working in an office environment where there was no place for jeans and so I never owned many since about age 30. Now that I'm retired I need jeans again! Yesterday I bought a $10 pair at Old Navy and a $25 pair at American Eagle. The pair from American Eagle (34-32) are the first pair of jeans I've ever owned with "stretch" in them. Hey, that's as big of a product advancement as shaped skis.:roflmao::golfclap:

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Related question, inspired by SSSdave: who buys jeans online without trying them on? Speaking of caveman/traditionalists, I'd never do this. Yesterday I tried on about 40 pairs at about 4 different stores (same outlet center) before buying 2 pair.
On second thought, I guess if you know the product line and fit really well (not me), then an online purchase makes complete sense, esp. with free return shipping.

Sponsor

Staff online