• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

501's

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
My wife calls me "Old Fashion" but I prefer the term Traditionalist after all I do like old skis and old jeans. So my question is how many in the PUGSKI Community still own and wear 501's?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I have some but don't pay $50 for new ones. I have several different colors of 501s found used in thrift stores and eBay.

Old fashioned? Me? Perhaps, but in more ways than one. I also snagged a pair of those ridiculous super fat Jinco style Menace jeans lost week. $7.00 shipped LOL! Bring on the 90s day at the office hahaha!
Ask your wife about these...
Vtg-90s-Menace-Jeans-size-36-Raver-Skater.jpg

Speaking of work, I'm a big fan of old school jeans style corduroy pants, GTFO with those pleated cord dress pants though..

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
My wife calls me "Old Fashion" but I prefer the term Traditionalist after all I do like old skis and old jeans. So my question is how many in the PUGSKI Community still own and wear 501's?
Except for FRC's, 501 shrink to fits is all I wear- weddings, funerals and everything else. Be buried in 'em too. Bye the Bye, do you remember the old levi's radio advertisements from the mid 60's "Quack Quack, I am a duck. You are probably human. You have all the luck. You get to wear new white Levi's"?

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Except for FRC's, 501 shrink to fits is all I wear- weddings, funerals and everything else. Be buried in 'em too. Bye the Bye, do you remember the old levi's radio advertisements from the mid 60's "Quack Quack, I am a duck. You are probably human. You have all the luck. You get to wear new white Levi's"?
In the mid 60's I remember a wheat color Levi's but I never had white ones.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I still have 501s! I will never forget my first pair, bought in 7th grade, size 28-38. what a freak. (No, that isn’t the size I wear now...)

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
I still have 501s! I will never forget my first pair, bought in 7th grade, size 28-38. what a freak. (No, that isn’t the size I wear now...)
Most know that the first number is the waist and the second is the leg length. I didn't think that length would be available in a regular shop just in a big and tall shop.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
The 501 button fly was the standard of the world for a very long time. Haven't been able to make myself spend the money for a pair for a long time either.

"501" would be a great name for an all mountain ski.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Most know that the first number is the waist and the second is the leg length. I didn't think that length would be available in a regular shop just in a big and tall shop.

Always bought mine at the Army surplus. Wasn’t the rule of thumb that they shrink 2 in. in waist, 4 inseam? That puts it at 34, not crazy.

I was in a TJ Maxx a few years back and came across a pair of 30-40s for $10. They looked hilarious, I was thinking, Who in the WORLD would wear these? when I remembered I had a nephew who at the time was about 6’10” 190 lb. They fit him perfectly

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier

In the mid 60's I remember a wheat color Levi's but I never had white ones.

Think the Beach boys were wearing them so it was California cool.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just picked up a couple of pairs of 505s from Costco this weekend. Was surprised that they were well under $30/pair.

My legs have been way too thick to fit in 501s for a few decades.
Will have to put $10 days on my radar......

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Volleyball coaches must have been going well out of their way to make sure you joined the team.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Just picked up a couple of pairs of 505s from Costco this weekend. Was surprised that they were well under $30/pair.

My legs have been way too thick to fit in 501s for a few decades.
Will have to put $10 days on my radar......
505's are just 501's with a zipper not buttons. I have 550's that are the relaxed fit, more room in seat and thighs.