• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

420 Spot

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Yesterday was April 20th, 2020 and this is where I celebrated the holiday. Show me your favorite 420 spots. :cool:
IMG_20200420_162029980.jpg

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
S05755-72w.jpg

Most of us are currently limited to local areas. Usually by late April I am out with my camera with wildflower, bees, and butterflies, most pleasant places to enjoy. Down here near the coast, April temperatures, greenery, and wildflowers are rising, especially after the recent rains. Yesterday on 4/20/20220 was a mostly cloud breezy day not worth serious camera work so did not venture far from home. Today has a bit more sun but still not worth dragging my photography gear out for.

However tomorrow Wednesday 4/22/2020 with sun and light breezes forecast, will be back to the above open space public lands location in the Santa Cruz Mountains about 20 miles south that I shot the above on 4/15. Sky lupine, lupinus nanus, is often seen in dense patches along Central Coast grassland landscapes. This lupine species is intensely saturated blue with a wonderfully sweet fragrance. Mixed in are a few orange fiddleneck. Some of our local serpentine geology areas where recent rains were heavy are now delivering a major late season wildflower bloom. Downsized for web display from 6000x4000 pixel focus stack blended processed images.

SQ05881-89w.jpg

Last edited:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
No, not my favorite, doing the telecommute thing with veiled threats of drug tests comming down the trail for us. So 420 was not much of a thing this year.

20200430_102407.jpg

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
If you're using edibles to limit lung effects and coughing, what time do you consume? 3:50? 3:35?

So is 3:40 the new 4:20?

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Many years ago Vail Village had a quad from the base called the Vista Bahn. The chairs had bubbles you could pull down. The words said "Welcome to the Vista Bahn, please do not smoke." Over the years they all got changed to "Welcome to the Rasta Bahn, please do pot smoke."

When they had the World Championships there in 1999. they took the bubbles off never to be replaced.

Lifting the bubble up as you approached the top unfurling a cloud of smoke was always fun.

Sponsor