• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

4-Wheel Drive or Snow Tires?

TS
TheHitman

TheHitman

Putting on skis
Skier
OK, we bought a house in Fort Collins.

I sold my Highlander before I left Florida and got A 2017 AWD Traverse.

It's got General Grabber HTS tires on it now. The rating says it's good in light snow, but I'm assuming I should get winter tires.

The tires on it are like new, so honestly I'm thinking of trying them out a bit this winter. Maybe.

Fort Collins doesn't allow studded tires I've been told. So if I get snow tires I'm thinking Michelin x or Blizzak?

Would it be stupid not to get snow tires and head into the mountains once a week?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
OK, we bought a house in Fort Collins.

I sold my Highlander before I left Florida and got A 2017 AWD Traverse.

It's got General Grabber HTS tires on it now. The rating says it's good in light snow, but I'm assuming I should get winter tires.

The tires on it are like new, so honestly I'm thinking of trying them out a bit this winter. Maybe.

Fort Collins doesn't allow studded tires I've been told. So if I get snow tires I'm thinking Michelin x or Blizzak?

Would it be stupid not to get snow tires and head into the mountains once a week?

I did on my subbie. But honestly in town (Denver) I only needed the snow tires literally 4 days the entire season. It was a very mild winter though. Going up i70 to the ski hills I was thankful for the snow tires (Blizzaks) a bunch of times. Both the Michellin Xices and the Blizzaks are widely available around here come fall. Both will work fine. The Blizzaks are a bit more rugged for deeper snow off the main roads. The Michellins are great for highway use.

Sponsor

Staff online