• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold 4 pairs of Dissent Compression Ski Socks

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Disclaimer: I have worn each pair once....and then laundered.

As noted in the “Compression Socks” thread....I was searching for some compression socks, so I bought some Dissent socks last month:

- 2 pairs of GFX Compression Hybrid DLX Wool
- 2 pairs of GFX Compression Hybrid Protect

The size of all four pairs are Large (9-11).

In wearing each pair once, I have noticed my toes freezing up on me (which has never happened wearing Smartwools)......so maybe somebody will have better luck than me with this product.

I am willing to take a loss because I have worn each pair once.....but they are basically brand new compression socks from Dissent...(which were kind of expensive):(

4 pairs....100.00 shipped.....or I can split up to make it 25.00 shipped a pair.

Last edited:

coops

Getting on the lift
Skier
BC. ... sorry to hear you didn't get on with those Dissent socks... but I'd give the fashionable Merino stuff a miss - I use the Nano tour Thin ones, they're great and durable.
As a size 43 the Large is just right as per their size guide
https://www.dissentlabs.com/collections/all/products/ski-pro-fit-compression-thin-nano-tour

Just get the one though if you bear the thought of yet more dollars spent ;-)
Do get the Milspec Balaclava though - 'tis great full face cover comfort and somehow no freezing over the mouth for those seriously cold days.

I wear these Nano Tour ones at work (on oil rigs) too - as I had a DVT before and am on daily blood thinners, and so can confirm they really do give a good compressive fit (like a 'true' medical sock), and they last well.

TS
BC.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
BC. ... sorry to hear you didn't get on with those Dissent socks... but I'd give the fashionable Merino stuff a miss - I use the Nano tour Thin ones, they're great and durable.
As a size 43 the Large is just right as per their size guide
https://www.dissentlabs.com/collections/all/products/ski-pro-fit-compression-thin-nano-tour

Just get the one though if you bear the thought of yet more dollars spent ;-)
Do get the Milspec Balaclava though - 'tis great full face cover comfort and somehow no freezing over the mouth for those seriously cold days.

I wear these Nano Tour ones at work (on oil rigs) too - as I had a DVT before and am on daily blood thinners, and so can confirm they really do give a good compressive fit (like a 'true' medical sock), and they last well.

Thanks....they do have a great compression fit...nice quality stitching, etc. In ordering them, they provided very good customer service, it’s just a shame my feet/cold did not cooperate with the sock.

If they don’t eventually sell, I’ll probably just keep and find other uses for them.....it’s a nice fit.

TS
BC.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
-2 pairs of GFX Compression Hybrid DLX Wool are sold and will be on their way to MT tomorrow.

I still have the 2 pairs of GFX Compression Hybrid Protect ready to ship. (25.00 each shipped.)

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Reactions: BC.