• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

3rd Ski options for Quiver with Deacon 84 & Enforcer 94

MacO512

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hello all, love the site.

My Current skis are a Volkl Deacon 84 at 182 and Nordica Enforcer 94 at 186. I'm 6'3 200lb 43yr old advanced skier progressing to expert. I have Ikon pass but live in Texas, originally from Oregon so all my skiing is long trips to Colorado/Utah/NewMexico/Pacific NW/Cali/etc. Not much skiing prior dozen years but now aiming to go 15-25 days a year. I ski primarily groomers but want to build up my skill level with powder, off piste, mogul, trees, perhaps terrain park.

I want to keep an eye out for sales and options for a third ski to add to the quiver. Have 3 year old marker griffon bindings available to use. Attributes my current ski's are lacking is larger width for powder, longer length, twin tips, more flex and easier turns for moguls/trees. Probably can't hit all those boxes as some conflict so maybe leave the less important one open for a 4th ski down the road. Its a plus to stay with Nordica brand as I also have their boots - or to a lesser extent Volkl, but not a requirement.

So I'm thinking something like the Unleashed 108 at 191 would be good to watch for any sales. Anybody have other recommendations?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nordica Free 104, Salomon QST 106 ... there are a plethora of options ... that all will be on sale this Spring.

Maybe narrow down your options here:

Then you can add a 165 FIS SL for real hard snow. (Sorry, peanut gallery, beat ya to it ;) )

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nordica Free 104, Salomon QST 106 ... there are a plethora of options ... that all will be on sale this Spring.

Maybe narrow down your options here:

Then you can add a 165 FIS SL for real hard snow. (Sorry, peanut gallery, beat ya to it ;) )

FIS SL is always a solid suggestion

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Love my Mindbender 108tis in 186. Favorite resort pow ski ever. I'm 6'2" and 200 pounds.

TS
MacO512

MacO512

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just purchased a new 2023 Volkl Revolt 104 @ 188 for $315 with free shipping from L9.... so this will check two boxes of a powder ski with more float than my enforcer94 as well as twin tip for skiing switch. So my quiver should now be set for awhile;

Volkl Deacon 84 @182
Nordica Enforcer 94 @186
Volkl Revolt 104 @188

The Deacon binding is an integrated adjustable binding that easily slips right off and back on in a few seconds... so nice thing is all 3 sets of skis fit in my series 2 Sportube (normally its only 2 skis). I just take the bindings off the Deacon and fit one of those skis each on the back of other pairs. I may have to pay fee for heavy item on flights but still its more convenient for flights/cars/hotels/etc.

Sponsor

Staff online