• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

3 ski quiver suggestions?

SLC Skier

Booting up
Skier
@GregK I think I am going to pick up some E104's. Do they ski on the shorter side? I am 5"10 180 lbs. I bit worried they'd be too much in tighter spots but since they have a good amount of tip and tail rocker I am thinking they wouldn't be too bad

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
@GregK I think I am going to pick up some E104's. Do they ski on the shorter side? I am 5"10 180 lbs. I bit worried they'd be too much in tighter spots but since they have a good amount of tip and tail rocker I am thinking they wouldn't be too bad

They ski a little shorter than the 93 or even 100 but they still have some weight to them. What ski length do you usually ski? I’m 6’2”/175, fairly aggressive and I usually ski lengths in the mid 180’s if I have that option.
I have my E104 pair mounted forward 2cm as I’m more of a playful charger who likes getting in the air. With the mount forward it’s more playful, pivots easier and skis shorter.

The 179cm on the line would be plenty stable but the 186cm is even more so. So if you’re going into tighter spots more than hauling in open areas, I’d maybe lean towards the 179cm on the line as it’s going to be more playful in that length. The more aggressive you ski and the more you want stability through crud, then 186cm. And if you want something that can haul but still be fun in the air, 186cm with mount moved forward a bit like I did.

Btw-Perfect SLC ski! Fun in bumps, soft groomers and great through afternoon tracked powder.

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great points @GregK !.

For Minnesota, I defintely lean towards the fun, lively carver, more than the narrow all mountain type ski. As @Tom K. mentioned, a slalom ski would probably be a ton of fun, so basically toning it down a bit from there. If it’s truly deep or slushy, I can always ski the Western All mountain ski at home too.

SLC Skier

Booting up
Skier
@GregK thanks for the input! I normally ski a 180. so the 186 mounted a bit more forward may be a good option. Thanks again!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I have found through much experimentation that the ranking in the length that the ski comes in works out better for me than the actual length. For example for me and the style of skiing I enjoy, the 2nd longest length the ski comes in seems to work best, no matter the actual length of the ski.

Sponsor