29+ 12x197 Wheelset needed

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
Pugski Ski Tester
I am going to pickup a 29+ wheelset and I'm looking for recommendations. Looks like the only way to pair a set is to have them built. I didnt want to spend more than about 1K. I have looked at Light Cycle with 350 hubs for $1100 or Derby's with a Hope for 1500.00 but not a huge Hope fan and that seems high for this kind of wheelset. If anyone hs a line on a set or can make suggestions, its appreciated.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Ron - Shoot an email to Mike at Lacemine29. He has more wheel experience than anyone I know. He is over by Fruita has ridden a ton of 29+ combos.

The last set of 29+ wheels I rode where 50mm Carbon from Light Bicycle with DT350 hubs. it was a lot of wheel/tire being a 29x3.

Tom K.

HRPufnStf
Skier
Ron - Shoot an email to Mike at Lacemine29. He has more wheel experience than anyone I know. He is over by Fruita has ridden a ton of 29+ combos.

The last set of 29+ wheels I rode where 50mm Carbon from Light Bicycle with DT350 hubs. it was a lot of wheel/tire being a 29x3.
Another vote for Lacemine29.

Mike Curiak epitomizes the no BS approach. Now relocated about an hour north of Boise, but that doesn't matter.

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

Pugski Ski Tester
So I just ordered a set of Derby 29" 40i AM wheels with Dt Swiss 350 hubs (upgraded to 54t) from Mike. THANKS TO ALL. it was a good deal, and it included Bontrager XR 2's (F/R).

TS
Ron

Ron

Pugski Ski Tester
I received my Derby wheelset from Mike Curiak from lacemeine29 as expected, he did a fantastic job. The entire process was excellent. He asks a lot of questions to glean information to build you the best wheelset. He doesn’t just suggest the most expensive options but rather works with your budget but gives you the plus/minus’s wheels came with tires installed and set up for tubeless I just added Orange sealant and inflated them with my compressor, they seated right up and have held 15psi for several hours now. I can’t wait to get these rolling and dirty. I have to wait until July 2nd to get the bike setup though. The shop is swamped. While the rear Bonti XR2
looks large for sure, the front XR4 looks more like a motorcycle wheel.

k
EF3684B5-6FF6-4E19-B6FC-7A7AB59C99F9.jpeg

Last edited:

Staff online