• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 East Coast Pugski/Renoun Gathering for the Eclipse. Dates: TBD

Where to go?

• Jay Peak

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Sugarloaf

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Stowe

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Smugglers Notch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuckermans

• Whiteface

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We really think we need to plan ahead for this one to get good lodging. We need @TonyC to give us the totality numbers (which might knock out an area if less than 88%)

2024+Eclipse+New+England+Path.JPG

Note: This is half tounge in cheek...but if we still have an internet in 2024...we will beam ourselves to New England.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
But what if they have the US Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame at the same time, at somewhere not in the path of totality?
Maybe they could have the HOF Induction in the path of Totality!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Tuckermans! Not looking totality though.. Different day maybe?

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Lake Placid should have plenty of lodging nearby..

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier
How come I can't vote?

My Maine HS friends are already talking about renting out the Sugarloaf Inn and sponsoring a seniors bump contest. Mostly in jest, but I think if people might start getting serious if reservations start happening.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
How come I can't vote?

My Maine HS friends are already talking about renting out the Sugarloaf Inn and sponsoring a seniors bump contest. Mostly in jest, but I think if people might start getting serious if reservations start happening.
Chinese downhill at peak darkness!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How come I can't vote?

Hmm ant vote? I'll check on it

There isn't a reason that I can see for you to not be able to vote.
Maybe you weren't logged in when you looked at it?
Try again.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can't vote either. It's gotta be Jay and I was already thinking about this after finding out about 2024. :doh:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sorry, we're closing the thread until we get it fixed so we don't lose a bunt of content if we have to start a new one.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
if your serious about skiing while seeing the eclipse you should add in Montreraal Mexico, not far from Monterry.
Limited skiing, 2 lifts, at best it might be a blue but has +4 minutes for totality and likely the best weather on path.
Personally I am heading to Durango or Nachez Mexico. We have a lot of friends in the east but odds are a lot better in Mexico.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can someone report here if you can vote on the poll now?

Tony

tseeb
Skier
if your serious about skiing while seeing the eclipse you should add in Montreraal Mexico, not far from Monterry.
Limited skiing, 2 lifts, at best it might be a blue but has +4 minutes for totality and likely the best weather on path.
Personally I am heading to Durango or Nachez Mexico. We have a lot of friends in the east but odds are a lot better in Mexico.
I looked it up and they may only have snow in Dec/Jan (and are well outside totality). I thought you were you continuing the ? humor that started with the OP who thinks 88% is OK.

This link will give you % partiality or duration of totality for any location. The problem with the NE USA is that there is a greater than 50% chance of clouds on the date of the eclipse. Mexico is more like 20-40% and Texas is 40-50%. Picture credit to Jay Anderson and remember YMMV.
TSE_2024_CloudTrack.jpg
The 2024 eclipse will cross a lot of big cities (Austin is there but close to edge, Dallas and Indianapolis are closer to centerline and Cleveland, Buffalo and Rochester are all very close to centerline), so if it is clear then number of people in the US who have experienced totality will increase.

Last edited:

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
your right it's usually only Dec/Jan snow.
But as an combined event I'd take that limited chance of snow in Montreaal over the chance of overcast in the NE.
I can always ski the next week,
no intention of taking skis to Mexico they would probably attract as much unwanted attention as they did one hot August in a New York City bar, that was no fun.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Quebec eastern townships look good too! What day of the week is that anyways??
Looks like a Monday morning to early afternoon to me, the same as this week's eclipse. The eastern townships will get a lot of totality, but how often do they see the sun in early April?

Sponsor

Staff online