• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Völkl Mantra 102

stuckinphilly

Putting on skis
Skier
for the katana? Id say its a toss up, the colors should match all of them. if they have them at the store, lay them out on the ski, it usually helps me decide. This are the important things in life, its so stupid, but the satisfaction.....

Or jester 18 pros... :D :D
Those jesters don't match at all. ;)

bud heishman

Skiing performance facilitator
Instructor
Sky Tavern
This ski and the Rustler 10 (mounted 2cm aft) were my go to powder skis last year! The Volkl 102 just felt like an appendage that took no thought to ski in the powder or the groomers.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I just love this ski.

I've bought a katana 108, and... sold my katana 108 as its overlapping to much., katana is a great ski, but just cant charge as well, much better for going slow and float though

Bought mantra m6, really looked forward do it, and its such a great allround ski, maybe the m6 really might be an actual "all mountain ski" I've skied it in pow, ice, groomers everything, its super friendly, and maybe just to friendly? It doesn't sit on your shoulder like the M102 saying "I bet you could ski that entire run on carve without scrubbing ANY speed" the m6 will do it though, but not as confident as M102.

I've been able to ski it back to back some with my masters GS skis, and imho it really is just a fat masters GS ski. put them on edge, dig in, let them rip.
They are not a short turny cheater GS ski, nor a full 193 / 30 GS ski, but a masters one which lets you have somewhat sloppy teqnique, you can be 30+, you can have a beer belly, it doesnt judge. Also it doesnt care about weight, it will never ever give in, it will never reach its speed limit etc. I tried putting a more aggressive tune on them, and they reminded me even more of the G9 RS, its a fatty carver.

I know some have commented they are not playful, but.. they are! bumps, skied out GS runs with deep tracks, rollers etc, just hit everything, throw a shifty , do a tail tap , just shred.

Dont think I will ever sell the M102. they are just so much fun, kinda bummed out they are changeing radius on them, its really good to have some larger radius skis, there are way to many short radius skis allready. been doing latenight runs on them just before closeing here (20-22:00) conditions are for most so bad they just go home, and you can't tell unless you have skied the same runs on other normal skis.

Couldnt find the 2022 review, so posted on 2021

Sponsor