• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Völkl Kendo 88

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: I will preface this review with the statement that I never really warmed up to previous generations of the Kendo. This does not mean it was a bad ski, not at all; I just never liked its attributes. There are members here such as @KingGrump who loved the skis and have owned numerous pairs, but me? I was more of a Brahma guy.

With that said, I really like the new Kendo 88. It isn’t just the new construction, but a new shape (shared with the Mantra 102) with an elliptical sidecut gives it a feel unlike anything I have experienced from Völkl in this class. The Kendo 88’s playfulness and ease is far different from the outgoing model to the point when asked by @KingGrump what I thought about the new Kendo, I replied that he wouldn’t like it. He asked “Why?” I said “Because I like it.”

Insider tip: Still runs true to size.​
Review updated from 2020

Awards
Who is it for?
Those looking for a playful charger without a limit.
Who is it not for?
The lightest finesse skiers might get overpowered -- but that's why Völkl makes a Kanjo.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
  4. Trees
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
163, 170, 177, 184
Dimensions
129-88-111
Radius
18.6m@170cm
Rocker profile
  1. Full camber
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. Flat

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
A great off piste 'narrow' all mountain performer... I like them better off piste than on, but that's Deacon 84 land.

Sponsor