• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Trek Emonda details.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Maybe you misread. I already have a new Emonda. It fits 32s comfortably.

Took it out on its first wind-free "baseline" loop today. Hit one climbing PR, and my PR for the overall loop.

Loving this bike!

But I hear you on the tire width topic. I think EVERYBODY is allowing for this on their new road bikes.

:useless:

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
But I hear you on the tire width topic. I think EVERYBODY is allowing for this on their new road bikes.

FINALLY! Good thing Trek did that on the Emonda years ago. That was the deciding factor for me. Its more like a GF bike in that it allows(ed) a wider tire but is very comfortable on long rides. It's geo provides excellent energy transmission, something that you have to feel to understand.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Emonda ...... provides excellent energy transmission, something that you have to feel to understand.

SO true. I felt that yesterday. I'm not small, and still have reasonable power. Every ounce of energy I put into the new Emonda resulted in more forward progress.

The Checkpoint flows down the road, and I love it, but the Emonda JUMPS!

Pics for @Ken_R, including tire clearance (28s currently installed):
IMG_3219.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

princo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Does anybody else thinks Trek went a little bit overboard with how big the lettering\logo is on the new Emonda paintjob? I mean the logo covers the entire down tube and some of the head tube. Compared to the 2020 Domane, the Domane is a bit smaller.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Does anybody else thinks Trek went a little bit overboard with how big the lettering\logo is on the new Emonda paintjob? I mean the logo covers the entire down tube and some of the head tube. Compared to the 2020 Domane, the Domane is a bit smaller.

Its an artistic choice which some people dont like. I like it in some colors since it seems integrated into the design of the bike and not just a frame with a sticker.

Reactions: Ron

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

It is a little blatant on my new SL7. On the other hand, I've got a couple Trek bikes in the garage in Matte black. On the Checkpoint especially, you can't even read the Trek logo, because it so closely matches the paint itself.

Sponsor

Staff online