• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Santa Ana 93

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I have a chance at a pair of Santa Ana 83's, this coming year's! Any intell or info would be appreciated. Last fall I demo'd the Brahma 82's and loved them. So are these similar, different??

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Like this?

TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Just sent an email transfer to the rep.

Now for bindings. I have access here at home to Look, Salomon and Atomic. Any favs in that list for a pair of 88's?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just sent an email transfer to the rep.

Now for bindings. I have access here at home to Look, Salomon and Atomic. Any favs in that list for a pair of 88's?
Just not a Z12

TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Well, no choice on the bindings, came mounted with a demo set. So all ready to go!!

SA88.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Smart with going with the Griffon TCX.

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
Santa Ana 93 is my wife's DD. She loves those skis so much that I am worried when it is time to replace them the new versions will be significantly changed and she won't like them. I'm sure the 88 is just as stellar. Enjoy those new sticks!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Santa Ana 93 is my wife's DD. She loves those skis so much that I am worried when it is time to replace them the new versions will be significantly changed and she won't like them. I'm sure the 88 is just as stellar. Enjoy those new sticks!
What model year does she have?
IMHO the new version is significantly better.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I, and others have been known to purchase a second pair of a favourite ski before the original is worn out for the single purpose of hedging against the possibility that a newerr updated version won't be as likeable.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I, and others have been known to purchase a second pair of a favourite ski before the original is worn out for the single purpose of hedging against the possibility that a newerr updated version won't be as likeable.
The trick is making sure that the model year is adjacent to the model year construction.

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
I think they are 18/19 model years. They are to her what a security blanket is to a young child. She just clicked with these skis like no other ski in her 20+ years of skiing. I really don't know why they work so well for her, but they are perfect for her.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think they are 18/19 model years. They are to her what a security blanket is to a young child. She just clicked with these skis like no other ski in her 20+ years of skiing. I really don't know why they work so well for her, but they are perfect for her.
The main difference between that model year and the current one is length.
They changed the construction sligthly but the lengths are different.
Someone who liked the 169 will likley ski in the next size up from the current model size.
Make sense?
Edit to add, I skied the old Santa Ana in 169 and now I ski the 172 and love it.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online