• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Salomon Stance 96

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: Remember the Salomon Sentinel? This is the modern incarnation of that brown bomber. Salomon hasn’t offered a ski with such power in this class since that wonderful ski. The Stance 96 really wants to charge and be that one-ski quiver for a bigger skier, and I think Salomon hit the bullseye (but not with a dart, more like a battle axe.)

On snow, very little bothers the Stance 96; it just wants to make power turns. This ski is a real confidence builder: the faster you want to go, the more it just stays calm and grips the snow. Whether you are cranking out medium S-turns or making figure 11s, the Stance 96 will do it all.

Insider tip: Check out the graphics with the topo map; can you guess which ski area it is?​

Awards
Who is it for?
Stronger skiers, this is a powerhouse, a skier’s ski.
Who is it not for?
Lighter skiers might get jostled around, but no worries, there is a QST for you.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Moguls
  2. Off Piste
  3. Trees
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
168, 176, 182, 188
Dimensions
132-96-114
Radius
20m@182cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat
Reactions: BMC

Troth

Booting up
Skier
Looking at the Salomon stance 96 for an all mountain charger/DD to fill the gap between the GS skis and the 100+ underfoot skis in the quiver. looking for a ski that will hold up well at speed, can bust through the crud and hold a nice edge when it is firm. I do tend to like skis with some energy in them and prefer going though crud and bumps as apposed to going over them. I'm 6 foot , 200lbs expert skier. Trying to decide between the Enforcer 94 in 186cm and Salomon stance 96 in 188, would you recommend one over the other?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looking at the Salomon stance 96 for an all mountain charger/DD to fill the gap between the GS skis and the 100+ underfoot skis in the quiver. looking for a ski that will hold up well at speed, can bust through the crud and hold a nice edge when it is firm. I do tend to like skis with some energy in them and prefer going though crud and bumps as apposed to going over them. I'm 6 foot , 200lbs expert skier. Trying to decide between the Enforcer 94 in 186cm and Salomon stance 96 in 188, would you recommend one over the other?
You are almost between sizes on the Stance. The Stance is a damper ski with a longer wheelbase at "only" 6'...I wouldn't dismiss the 182 but still stay with the 186 in the Enforcer.

Troth

Booting up
Skier
You are almost between sizes on the Stance. The Stance is a damper ski with a longer wheelbase at "only" 6'...I wouldn't dismiss the 182 but still stay with the 186 in the Enforcer.

Thanks for the advice on sizing. This would be a replacement for the Fischer pro MTN 95, either of the skis above similar to the pro MTN 95?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for the advice on sizing. This would be a replacement for the Fischer pro MTN 95, either of the skis above similar to the pro MTN 95?
The Enforcer will ski a little more to size of the PM95.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Did you prefer one ski over the other?
Absolutely. I prefer the Stance if I want to charge more and rip up the wind buff. I prefer the Enforcer 94 more if I am going to hang out in the trees and bumps. Both are great skis and Cage Match worthy.

Troth

Booting up
Skier
Awesome, thanks so much for your feedback. I will definitely keep an eye out for a cage match between these 2. Leaning more towards the Stance as it might complement the Fischer ranger 102 that I have a little better than the Enforcer. Thanks again.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Power - more power than a Monster 98?
Different. the Monster 98 was very traditional in tip shape, the Stance is much more modern. The tip will go over things, not through them like the Monster did.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This ski wasn't even on my radar. And here I was thinking the Fischer Ranger 99ti was what I needed for my 90~100 ski...

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I went to Snowfest yesterday at Sports Basement in Berkeley and had a chance to check out this ski and talk with a Solomon Rep. He said everything Pugski and Blister said about this ski and more. This ski is definitely on my list to demo this year, along with the Fischer Ranger 99ti.

I’m looking for something in the ~95-100 range for out West that can charge hard and fast and carve precisely for the 90% of time I spend on piste. This ski seems to fit that description and goes right up there with the Fischer and the Volkl Mantra M5. I have to say the Salomon is the prettiest of the bunch IMO. I’m looking forward to giving it a try.

DTSugarbushVT

Booting up
Skier
The Fischer 99ti is my everyday ski in Vermont. It is, IMO, a fantastic ski. I am a former racer/coach, and love a ski that is demanding. I've skied the Volkl's and I prefer the 99ti. Not skied the Salomon's.

Sponsor