• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Salomon Stance 90

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: While Salomon did make the QST 92 a little more stout this past year, it is still not the powerhouse the new Stance 90 is. Two sheets of Titanal make this new ski much more connected to the snow and a bit more biased to hard snow. Where we found the Stance 90 to shine was at speed. There is a bit longer turn radius in its design, allowing you to really open things up. I am not sure any of our testers found its top end.

Insider tip: Better skiers, do not underestimate the versatility of the ski.​
Wade Holiday: I was excited to ski this one, as it seems an interesting move for Salomon, a French company making an Austrian ski! The Stance 90 boasts two layers of metal and is actually made in Austria. It also has a tip and rocker profile I really like, with less flare in the shovel, so it's not as hooky in off-piste skiing and 3D terrain.

It was great! With a solid feel, it can be steered well to start, but the ski was much happier once I let gravity take over a bit. It is very secure on edge, both in clean carved arcs and and shaped turn finishing with a solid edge set in the glazed snow. Very predictable and quiet, the Stance 90 gave me the most confidence and flow in variable terrain as well as groomers. The tip design is just great; it draws you into a turn without feeling overly opinionated.

Insider tip: Mount point and length feel perfect to me.​
**The first person to reply with the ski area that is in topo map in the graphics wins a Pugski.com swag pack.**​

Who is it for?
Chargers and bigger stronger skiers, this is a ripper. Advanced intermediate to expert skiers looking for a 90%-of-the-time ski.
Who is it not for?
Lighter finesse skiers still want the QST 92. Those looking for that light and playful feel.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
  4. Trees
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
168, 176, 182, 188
Dimensions
126-90-108
Radius
18m@176cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
**The first person to reply with the ski area that is in topo map in the graphics wins a Pugski.com swag pack.**
Killington

Sponsor