• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Rossignol Experience 88 Ti

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: Initial impressions of the ski really translated accurately to what I expected when on the snow. The new 88 is lot more relaxed than the outgoing model; it is significantly more versatile without losing the tenacious grip of the old Experience. Previous models had one turn shape that they wanted to make all day; the new one can make that same middle-radius turn but many others, as well. The new 88 skis rings around the outgoing skis in cut-up snow and mixed conditions. Where the old model would steer away from moguls, the new one has you scouting them out. Now, I am not saying that a week on this ski will get you ready for the Freestyle World Cup, but anyone who can ski confidently down a mogul trail will really appreciate time on these skis.

I also like that these new Experiences are available with or without the SPX Konect Dual system binding, which accommodates alpine, GripWalk, and WTR. See Long-Term Review.

Insider tip: Unless you are looking to play with mount position or sharing skis and need flexibility in BSL adjustment, bypass the SPX Konect Dual binding and put on the all-new Look Pivot 14 AW Forza; the orange will pop and you will reduce some static and swing weight.​

UGASkiDawg: I rode this ski back to back with the Fischer Pro MTN 86, and the Rossi a has more stable cruiser feel. It is not nearly as playful and lively but it is a bit more solid at high speeds. You might say it has a more serious personality than the Fischer.

Insider tip: These skis have surprising edge hold and stability for a ski that feels on the lighter side.​
Review updated from 2020

Who is it for?
Skiers looking for all-mountain performance. This is an 88 that is not limited to the groomers; it wants to explore. Skiers looking for midfat biased toward a more traditional frontside feel but with the versatility to go everywhere.
Who is it not for?
Lazy skiers. The new Experience wants some input from you; it is not a park-and-ride ski. People looking for a lively and playful feel.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
  4. Trees
Segment