• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Rossignol Black Ops Stargazer

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: Rossignol teased us with the Black Ops in 2019 with a 98mm waist and elusive measurements. It was a tease that skied incredibly well and left you wondering what is that classified secret .... This year the line expanded with a variety of sizes being offered, both with and without metal, making the whole line accessible to a broader range of skiers, fitting their specific needs.

The Stargazer comes in at 94 mm underfoot, which is a very competitive category, and she is up for the challenge. I was sincerely wowed by this ski, so much that I was bummed I had to give it back. The Stargazer carves fairly well with a surprising 14m radius; its quick turn initiation makes skiing in the trees and moguls a dream. I remember a time when I wouldn’t imagine having an all-mountain ski over 90mm; now I can confidently say this is a ski you can pack for a vacation and enjoy on the mountain in a majority of conditions.

Insider tip: With a little added input, this ski really shines.​

Who is it for?
A skier looking for a strong yet versatile all-mountain ski with an off-piste bias.
Who is it not for?
I'm not quite sure.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Moguls
  2. Off Piste
  3. Trees
  4. Touring/Backcountry