• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Rossignol Black Ops Rallybird Ti

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: I was fortunate to have the Black Ops Rallybird Ti in my long-term test lineup, but unfortunately the weather and early closure of the season hindered the opportunity to ski this beauty. First, the graphics blow me away. The topsheet is gorgeous, but I have to be honest, I was a little intimidated by the stiffness and wondered if I'd be better suited with the Rallybird rather than the Rallybird Ti. After a long wait for the right conditions, I finally got a chance to ski the Rallybird Ti at Grand Targhee in some leftover stashes of snow and wind-buffed chop. This ski took on some challenging snow like a voracious teenager and came back to ask for more. It didn't take me long to figure out that all I needed to do was initiate the turn and trust the ski. When dipping into a few powder stashes, this ski rallied like a champ and breathed life into my legs. I literally skied to last chair and wished I could take one more. Those earlier thoughts I had about this ski being too much for me were long gone.

Insider tip: A lighter-weight skier should consider the non-Ti version.​

Awards
Who is it for?
The skier who wants a powerful ski that is ready to take on challenging terrain and powder.
Who is it not for?
Someone looking for a finesse in a ski.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
  2. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Off Piste
  2. Trees
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
163, 171, 178
Dimensions
137-102-127
Radius
16m@171cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
C25C7229-8DCF-4956-89DC-CA77C736A43A.JPG
Long term update: 13 inches of fresh snow fell on Mt Rose, serving up an opportunity to get on th Rallybird Ti in the conditions for which she's made. In typical fashion the fresh snow was tracked out and choppy. It took me less than one run to remember why this ski inspired me to ski to last chair back in February at Targhee. Chopped up snow? No problem. Sierra moguls? No problem. 13 inches of fresh? Please!

I felt an unflapable stability in every condition today's Sierra Powder served up and would have likely stayed out for more if I didn't have an appointment to get to.
This is just a solid ski that instills confidence and puts a smile on my face.

You can read @Philpug 's update on the Sender Ti here.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update: What a crazy trip it was, first Sun Valley with bluebird groomer days and then to Big Sky where we had a crazy storm blow in.
I anticipated the snow depth to be a bit more than it was, and found a lot of wind affected snow, but even though the snow wasn't quite what the Rallybird Ti is made for, I had a blast and am continually surprised how this ski does in a variety of conditions. When we were close to the base and I had the chance to switch to a narrower ski, I opted to stay on the Rallybird because I still had a silly grin on my face.
This ski is a powerhouse.
Don't be afraid to Rally!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A003B824-F6D3-412E-8D2B-C12299F29AAF.JPG
Long term update: The last few days at Steamboat have, again, reinforced why I picked this ski as my tester's choice.
40 inches of fresh powder fell on Steamboat as we were coming into town to cover the World Pro Ski Tour.
Lucky us, we had the morning to take advantage of the fresh before heading over to the events.
The Rallybird Ti floats nicely, powers through tracked out powder and danced through the hidden bumps.

67CCC857-165B-42FA-941D-F165ACA9942F.JPG

When we were hunting for leftovers in the trees on day two, I was dually impressed with the way the Rallybird maneuvered through the iconic Steamboat tree lines.
On the way back to the base I was equally impressed with how well she carved. @Andy Mink was following me and commented about having to ski around my trenches.

Sponsor