• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Rossignol Black Ops Holyshred

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: Forget the outgoing Sky 7, the Holyshred is so not that ski. There was never a time that I thought, “Man, if only I were on a Sky 7, today would be the perfect ski day.” After I skied the Holyshred, I was looking for more reasons to ski it. Rossignol created a ski (and collection) that has power and control but not to the point that it is overly demanding. Instead, it is more refined and has a connection to the snow that Rossi never had in this category. Ever.

During my first round of testing at Winter Park, the conditions were 8 to 12 in. of heavy snow over a firm base. I took the Holyshred down some good-sized bumps that were blown in, and the ski wasn't fazed at all -- in fact, it seemed to enjoy the challenge. The second time I skied the Holyshred was at Snowbasin on firm groomers, and the 19m radius felt optimistic; the Holyshred skis well below that number, feeling more like 17 or 18 m.

Insider tip: With 10cm increments, some skiers will fall in between sizes. There is a lot familiar with this ski.​

Who is it for?
Skiers who bring their A-game every day -- and want to be rewarded for it.
Who is it not for?
Like most of the other 2021 Black Ops, lighter finesse skiers can be taken for a ride.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
  2. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Moguls
  2. Off Piste
  3. Trees
  4. Touring/Backcountry
Segment