• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Nordica Santa Ana 93

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: The 2021 Santa Ana lineup has adopted the construction that was introduced in the 2020 Santa Ana 88. As much as I enjoyed the 88, the 93 gave me just a titch more confidence in steeper and slightly deeper terrain. Unlike the previous generation of Santa Ana, where I fell in between sizes, the new size range fits my length choice much better and has helped me fall in love with this ski. Steep chutes at Jackson Hole were a joy, and I couldn’t get enough of the low angle trees and moguls when skiing this ski. This could easily be a one ski quiver.

Insider tip: If you’re looking for something more groomer-oriented, check out the Santa Ana 88.​

Awards
Who is it for?
The woman looking for a serious all-mountain ski for steeps, moguls, and low-angle off-piste fun.
Who is it not for?
Groomer Greta.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
  2. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Moguls
  2. Off Piste
  3. Trees
  4. Touring/Backcountry
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
151, 158, 165, 172, 179
Dimensions
126-93-114.5
Radius
16.1m@172cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A6B8E958-8D29-4701-837B-7FB0A9DCD671.JPG

Long term update: Its been a while since I've reported back on the long term review of the Santa Anas. With Squaw's small amount of fresh snow, it was skiing great up top while some of the lower bits of the mountain were scraped off. This Santa Ana 93 was just what the doctor ordered for these mixed conditions. Santa Ana says, "Versatility is my middle name."

Sponsor