• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 New England Gathering discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Screenshot_20200407-215538_Facebook.jpg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Screenshot_20200408-212536_Chrome.jpg

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
(Common) Sense and (following) precedent are two concepts not often associated with me.

Though...

My one ski trip into Maine did involve only two of the S's (Sugarloaf and Sunday River, back in 2010), so two again would follow precedent.

It probably does make sense to limit the official gathering to two mountains simply for logistics.

Assuming most potential attendees are not living in northern Maine, the too spread out argument isn't very strong. Flying or driving up puts Sunday River reasonably into travel paths. Given the travel distance for me, it seems to make sense to extend my time and hit other places whether part of the Gathering or not.

View attachment 97829

If only Southwest's fare sale extended through next March it would make sense to buy now. I haven't seen $49 from BWI to PWM (or MHT) since the last big downturn.

View attachment 97822
Charter a bus?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
From where? Boston? NYC? You would need more than one.
Just charter it in North Carolina, and make seventeen stops on the way. If it leaves Thursday afternoon, it should get there in time for skiing on Sunday. :P

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
It’s still Maine. Can’t get people there when it’s nice and everything’s open.
Killington would be decent still.
Oh, it’s closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor