• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 New England Gathering discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Le Massif and Mont St Anne it is! :ogbiggrin:

As serious as I can be when drinking, I would def consider that. I can ski VT anytime I want. Quebec is a bit more effort and requires more knowledge. It wouldn‘t be as widely attended?, but I think you could treat it as more of a destination trip. From what I understand, snow surface a bit more reliable up there.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I vote the 2020 NEG should be held in March 2021 at Killington.
And the 2021 NEG should be held in April 2021 in ME.

:ogbiggrin:

Good plan. :thumb:

James

Out There
Instructor
The Mid-Atlantic gathering has to be at Timberline right?
Yep. That’s been decided too.

How can you ignore new ski areas? Ok, they were dead, then got a code blue. But, still.

Just so you know, Ski Blandford has just closed for good. 1936-2017, then purchased, now kaput.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
From what I understand, snow surface a bit more reliable up there.

Meh. Snow depth, yes. But you only ski on the top of it.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
NEG would have to become Northeast Gathering.

We could also consider Gore or Whiteface, but per Philpug’s geography, that would be the Mid Atlantic Gathering. :geek:

Hell, since you guys are tossing around new definition for NE. Why not just show up at Aspen like everyone else. On my map, Aspen is definitely NE of Arizona. Much depends on where you stand.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just a consideration. I am not sure how many people come the NEG from the Mid Atlantic, but that trek up to Saddleback/Sugarloaf will be one heck of a trek. I know I never went to the Loaf when I lived in PA because of the distance. Granted the MA has their own mini Gathering but I know many try to hit the NEG too. Just a consideration. @dbostedo, @jimmy @JohnL, thoughts?
This...9 hours plus for me. Makes it a non-starter.

James

Out There
Instructor
Last year:
E97B210C-69A4-42B9-94F8-D5F9D72CD776.jpeg
See, Maine in VT ^ Lobster shack lift house.

@mdf in the twilight zone. Don’t remember the outcome, but I think it wasn’t standing. v
A0F88866-E8B0-42AD-9F0B-CE1C18678C8B.jpeg

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We’re still looking for Tony’s non-meh.

I adore Le Massif. I happen to have had very good but not perfect luck with snow there. I'm not stupid enough to make some kind of statement about the great snow that will be there a year from now. It's still the east.

Let's put it this way: It's a ten hour round trip and a bunch of French from Sugarloaf, which many Pugs already think of as beyond the earth's edge.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I adore Le Massif. I happen to have had very good but not perfect luck with snow there. I'm not stupid enough to make some kind of statement about the great snow that will be there a year from now. It's still the east.

Let's put it this way: It's a ten hour round trip and a bunch of French from Sugarloaf, which many Pugs already think of as beyond the earth's edge.

Crap, 8+ hr drive from CT, much less DC.

Ya, I share your pessimism about the East. Great often, but not often enough. Worth the drive lots of times, but in general, not a flight in advance. I’ll drive 3-4 hours for meh snow, but that doesn’t get me to NYC.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
How about the Jetport ,almost 2 hours closer, and if the world gets back to semi normal carpooling????
I'd be in Merrimack for the week for work, then drive to wherever the NEG is. If I was flying up just for it, then yeah, the Jetport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online