• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
I have been on the current Titan and it's fantanastic ski but I do wish it would of been a little softer. Is the 2021 ski any softer? I am sure someone has taken them for a spin.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have been on the current Titan and it's fantanastic ski but I do wish it would of been a little softer. Is the 2021 ski any softer? I am sure someone has taken them for a spin.
I like the idea of a softer version. I really like the I Titan but for me it is limited because of its stiffness.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
the new one is a bit more compliant, it has to be it jumped up to 84mm uderfoot.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
The up coming Titan is an attempt to create a ski to replace the outgoing Monsters. Does it do it? I haven't been on them enough to really get a dialed in feel for them. It's not as 'auto-turny' as the 19-20 model, but it should be a better off piste and bump ski.. think Supershape lay up in a Rev 85 Pro shape. I was supposed to get a pair to use at the end of March, but the viral Gods had other plans for the season.

The pair I skied needed a better tune, but it seems promising and will probably be my work ski next year. It didn't feel noticeably stiff, but then again, the current Titan doesn't feel stiff either, so I'm probably not a good gauge. My initial take was that the upcoming Rally is more lively and not in a 'less' way than the Titan, just different. I thought it skied very well.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
I'm very late to this one, but FWIW, I demoed the e-Titans in a 177 for a couple of days recently. I have owned iTitans in the same length previously, but really didn't like the eTitans unless I was going full-noise (they were very stable and completely unflustered at high speed). I found them a lot damper than the i's, but harder work to turn in a tighter radius and at slower speeds than the i (I didn't realise they were wider underfoot than the i's). Bottom line for me - nowhere near as versatile as the iTitan and not a ski I would opt to use as an all-mtn carver (early morning hardpack carving through to choppy softening snow in the afternoon), which was how I used the iTitans.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
I agree with @NZRob on this one. It has a larger radius than the i.Titan had (17.2 m @ 177 in the new e-Titan vs 15.0 m @ 177 in the old i.Titan) and they are a bit wider too. In shorter turns, they are a bit more work than the outgoing model. In crud and at speed though, they are a blast.
If you're looking for a smooth and super stable and responsive carver for shorter and medium turns, get the new e-Rally. They are definately much smoother and softer compared to the outgoing model (skied them back to back, both in 170 length), without giving up performance, IMO.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Again, think of the new Titan as a replacement for the monster 83/88, and the Rally as it's fun, snappy companion.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
I think a rally with a race place would absolutely rock! It's a nice ski if one's looking for the more super shape feel. Buy the titan if you need a monster replacement.

Sponsor