• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Fischer RC One 82 GT WS

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: Fischer is one brand that is steering away from women’s-specific skis, but it is offering skis in a variety of lengths and flex patterns with some “women suggested” skis in the lineup. The 82 GT WS is such a ski. I had it for a thoroughly enjoyable long-term test. The calmness in this ski encourages you to do a little more and go a little faster. Groomers are glorious and moguls are marvelous. Ducking into trees doesn’t need a second thought. After spending a fair amount of time on a variety of terrain on the RC One 82 GT, I can confidently encourage women who are advancing skiers to think no more. Get One … the RC One.

Insider tip: If you are looking for a great ski to complement this one, check out the Ranger 102.​

Who is it for?
A skier looking for an all-mountain ski biased toward groomers but capable on a variety of terrain.
Who is it not for?
Skiers looking for a playful off-piste ski for bumps and trees.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Trees
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
145, 152, 159, 166, 173
Dimensions
125-82-112
Radius
15m@166cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. System

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long Term Update: Today was the third time I had a chance to ski the GT 82. This ski continues to inspire confidence with its stability and carvablity. While my earlier experiences on it were in a mixed bag of conditions, between firm groomers and chopped wind buff, this day served up nothing but firm groomers and firm moguls. The GT 82 did what it does with a level of stablilty and confidence that makes me want to stay out longer.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long Term Update: As @Philpug mentioned in his Long term update, since starting radiation I've had a few days when the fatigue set in and my usual mojo is lacking. After skiing fairly hard for three days while @Stephen was in town and radiation treatments later in the day to accomodate longer ski days with him, I wanted a ski that would take it easy on me as well as step up when I wanted to keep up with Phil. As @Andy Mink says, Phil wasn't easy to keep up with before he lost weight and now he's nearly impossible for me to catch.
So, on this day I picked the Fischer RC One 82 GT WS. As much as I like this ski for staying with me when I'm chasing Phil down a mogul run, I like it for its forgiveness when I feel like dialing it back. We skied Mt. Rose's Northwest which is one lonnnnnng mogul run and the RC One 82 GT kept me going, even after I punished it with a few rocks. I am extremely impressed with the versatility of this ski.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I'm confused:

"Who is it not for?Skiers looking for a playful off-piste ski for bumps and trees."

also

" Groomers are glorious and moguls are marvelous. Ducking into trees doesn’t need a second thought.":

The second one is more in line with how I feel about the 86 GT. I'd like to try the 82 in it's longest length. I'll bet that would be really fun.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This is the kind of ski I've been trying to get my wife on for her next daily driver, but she likes her old Rossi Temp 78 (pinked, but not shrunked in her case), and the color scheme/graphics of the Fischer will not please her.

She did like the looks of the Ranger 102 FR in pink...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm confused:

"Who is it not for?Skiers looking for a playful off-piste ski for bumps and trees."

also

" Groomers are glorious and moguls are marvelous. Ducking into trees doesn’t need a second thought.":

The second one is more in line with how I feel about the 86 GT. I'd like to try the 82 in it's longest length. I'll bet that would be really fun.
I'll admit that my first few days on this ski, including a day at Targhee I found it challenging in some trees and bumps that had leftover chunky snow. (think boot top chop). For that I switched to a wider, stouter ski.
The moguls I have been skiing lately have been firm to chalky firm, because that's what we got.
*pray for snow*

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is the kind of ski I've been trying to get my wife on for her next daily driver, but she likes her old Rossi Temp 78 (pinked, but not shrunked in her case), and the color scheme/graphics of the Fischer will not please her.

Two things:
  1. I can give you some ideas of similar skis that live in this category
  2. We have a pair of the Pink 102 FRs in the Hall of Fame auction/store page. ;)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

This isn't pink, but they are available in an alternate blue/green.
70460758935A_Fischer_RC_One_82_GT_19_20.jpg

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
@Tricia,
Please see attached photo; a little off track in a Ski test thread- but the above blue green FIschers
8EF6320F-5FA4-46DB-84C9-19F4272DD7FB.png
reminded me of a recent acquisition: my new older Fischer Revolution Ice 178’s.
Modern stuff is light years ahead but I am betting you could catch @Philpug on these!
Best wishes and get well soon.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
** PS: sorry if my reply above is a couple months or more past the date of the last post to this thread...
No apologies necessary. Very cool find!

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I finally got my wife to demo some skis from the Snowshed lodge shop, which carries Fischer. We had enough soft snow early in the day for wider skis. To my surprise, she really liked the Ranger 92 Ti in 155 cm, which is actually 88 underfoot, but not the Black Pearl. Go figure! I had her try the Head Super Joy, which she felt was great as a souped up version of her old Rossi's, and a little more versatile but not enough, so didn't push her to try the RC One GT's on the wall. The big winner of the day was the Faction Dictator 1.0X in 154 cm. She is skiing these confidently all over the mountain in bumps, crud, whatever.

She wants to go back and demo the Rangers in 92 or wider to see which is better in spring corn and slush.:golfclap:

Sponsor