2021 DPS Pagoda Piste 94 C2

Pugski Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
Pugski Ski Tester
Andy Mink: I took this ski all over the mountain at Mammoth on a warmer day that produced some softer snow along with bullet-proof bumps, sugar-covered hard groomers, and frankly some of the hardest snow I've seen since leaving Pennsylvania. All I can say is the C2 94 was calm, collected, and solid in all conditions. Nothing seemed to throw it, though if I were to ski hard bumps all the time, I'd size down from the 185. I really enjoyed the Cassiar Foundation 94, and the C2 94 is every bit as good while being a bit lighter. Even with carbon, the C2 is smooth.

Insider tip: Do you spend more time in moguls? Go a bit shorter. Bumps not your thing? Size up and enjoy the added stability. Available in two colors.​
Tricia: Having been a big fan of the Cassiar/Uschi line at DPS, I was super eager to try the new Pagoda Piste 94 C2. This ski did not disappoint. With the combination of ash/aspen wood core and the Chassis 2 directional construction, I found this ski to be more like an instrument that wants to perform rather than a tool to use for a task. Pagoda Piste 94 has just enough width to float on a bit of fresh snow while its sidecut allows a fun carving experience when you need to slice through the chopped powder, or just happen to find yourself on a groomer day.
Insider tip: If you're looking for lighter and narrower, check out the Pagoda Tour 87 C2.​

Who is it for?
The skier looking for a solid off-piste ski that can confidently cover the front side, too. Are you looking for a Western one-ski quiver? Put this on the short list.
Who is it not for?
Deep powder skiers will do better with one of DPS's wider offerings.
Skier ability
Advanced, Expert
Ski category
All Mountain
Ski attributes
Groomers, Moguls, Off Piste, Trees, Touring/Backcountry
Segment
Men, Women

Specifications

HighFives
Available sizes
157, 165, 171, 178, 185
Dimensions
131-94-110
Rocker profile
Camber with tip rocker
Construction design
All new
Binding options
Flat
right ad

neonorchid

Out on the slopes
Skier
Carbon in the layup lighter version of Cessair 94 Foundation, can any here comment on how it compares to the Cessair 94 Alchemist which can currently be found at discounted pricing?

Andy Mink

I am a half fast skier.
Pugski Ski Tester
Carbon in the layup lighter version of Cessair 94 Foundation, can any here comment on how it compares to the Cessair 94 Alchemist which can currently be found at discounted pricing?
Unfortunately I never got on the 94 Alchemist. I really like the Foundation layup though. I was on one of the earlier version Alchemist models, maybe in the Wailer lineup, and I'd have to say DPS is getting closer to the non-digital, on-off, feel the original carbon layups had. They were very light but pingy? These were much damper and smoother than I would believe a ski with carbon would be, yet are still very lively and easy to toss about.

Sponsor