• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sponsored 2020 Women's 90 mm Ski Comparison

https://www.skiessentials.com/

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
I have the Gen3 2012 Auras (163s) and the Gen3 2014 Auras (170s). The 2012s are my daily driver, but they were messed up over July 4th (and were coming to the end of life anyway.) Now I'm trying to replace the 2012s, but not lose the camber.

The table is awesome. I've been scouring the web for a pair of 163 Gen3s, but no luck yet. I thought I could get old Mantras, but the shortest version is 170. Am I SOL, or does Volkl have something that is comparable?

volklaura2014.jpg volklaura.jpg

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the Gen3 2012 Auras (163s) and the Gen3 2014 Auras (170s). The 2012s are my daily driver, but they were messed up over July 4th (and were coming to the end of life anyway.) Now I'm trying to replace the 2012s, but not lose the camber.

The table is awesome. I've been scouring the web for a pair of 163 Gen3s, but no luck yet. I thought I could get old Mantras, but the shortest version is 170. Am I SOL, or does Volkl have something that is comparable?

View attachment 84359 View attachment 84360

I had that pink one as well. It was a nice ski.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier

View attachment 84359 View attachment 84360
Are these the ones you’re looking for?

AF7CECED-F061-45C3-B18E-2393122AA8DE.jpeg

If so, and they haven’t sold in the ski swap in a couple of weeks, I could pull them back out and sell them to you. They’re two hours away, though, so I can’t just swing by and pick them up easily. 163's, demo binding, I got 'em in a deal with @surfsnowgirl who might remember where she got them.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier

View attachment 84499

If so, and they haven’t sold in the ski swap in a couple of weeks, I could pull them back out and sell them to you. They’re two hours away, though, so I can’t just swing by and pick them up easily. 163's, demo binding, I got 'em in a deal with @surfsnowgirl who might remember where she got them.

Ski essentials.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier

View attachment 84499

Ski essentials.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I’ll give you my impressions for what they’re worth. Kenja’s are groomer railing machines based on several runs on them during testing. They RIP. Off piste, they were too stiff for MY style, because I tend to smear and skid and put the brakes on in crud. Definitely very stable in crud but I think they’d be a handful in moguls. Secrets I bought last season after two demo days at Targhee in a bunch of powder. They have such a wide tip, they did great in the powder and crud and on the soft groomers. I could smear them more easily, but once I got them home to Snowbasin, with firmer snow, they were stiffer than I care for.

Kenjas get the slight nod for groomers, Secrets for off piste, but as is typical with Volkl, you’d better bring a send it attitude. That being said, both are really REALLY great skis. I think the Kenjas were a tad stiffer but I could be totally wrong there.

This is pretty much how I saw it. I feel like the Secret 92 was brought to the platform to take the spot that was abandoned by the original Aura, but its not the Aura, its a much more responsive ski.

Sponsor

Staff online