• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
https://www.skiessentials.com/

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Good as always! Ripstick and Lumen 99 are on my radar now for sure.

ETA--the Lumen have a really big turn radius. I tend to shy away from that, but the other comments on that ski align with what I like. Are they easily maneuverable in tight spaces or easy to make tight turns on by choice, or does that turn radius make them prefer bigger, open turns?

Last edited:
TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
ETA--the Lumen have a really big turn radius. I tend to shy away from that, but the other comments on that ski align with what I like. Are they easily maneuverable in tight spaces or easy to make tight turns on by choice, or does that turn radius make them prefer bigger, open turns?

They are actually very maneuverable because of the long tail rocker. They won't make quick carving turns very easily, but they pivot and smear very well, which in my opinion gives them a great feel in tight terrain.

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Thanks for sharing! The MB 98, SA 100, and Sheeva (not sure on 9 or 10) are all on my list to demo!

I'd try them both if you get the chance! The longer metal and narrower width makes the 9 feel more precise than the 10, but less "surfy"

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
I'd try them both if you get the chance! The longer metal and narrower width makes the 9 feel more precise than the 10, but less "surfy"

Thanks, will do! I ski Tahoe (Squaw/Alpine) so it's a lot of Sierra cement. I think I should be able to find both to demo.

Def want something with metal to replace my current daily driver which is the SA 100 pre-metal version. I have it in the 161, but I'm 5'1" and am considering going to the smaller size (153/4) in the SA and MB because of the weight of the metal, swing weight, and maneuverability.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
They are actually very maneuverable because of the long tail rocker. They won't make quick carving turns very easily, but they pivot and smear very well, which in my opinion gives them a great feel in tight terrain.
Good to know. I'm a big fan of pivoting and smearing in variable conditions. Hopefully I can get on a pair this winter.

Sponsor

Staff online