• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Are you sure? I own the Santa Ana 88, both the 2020 version last season and now the 2021 version for this season, and they did make some slight changes to the wood core and the titanal (1 sheet vs. 2.) They ski similarly, but I do notice the extra lightness of the 2021s now that I've gotten several days on them. And it's a good thing.

For anyone who wonders about the Santa Ana 88, everything that has been said here about the Enforcer 88 applies. A really great blend of playfulness and stiffness/stability that make them an easy choice on almost every day.

The Santa Ana line got changes on all 2020/21 models reducing the amount of metal for lighter weight(1 tapered sheet only now). More tapering of the metal sheet in the wider models(less metal overall) and less tapering of the metal sheet in the thinner models like the 88. So, even the 2021 Santa Ana 88 got revamped on the Women’s side as you mentioned. More length options now available too. All 2021 Santa Ana models should be a bit more accessible and lighter now.

Enforcer 100 and 94 changed this year(carbon chassis, True Tip, more sizing options with length adjusted rocker added as well as some added stiffness and weight) on the men’s side. New Enforcer 110 and 115 seemed to have got the Carbon Chassis and True Tip treatment without much fanfare from Nordica.

Enforcer 88 and 104 just top sheet changes for this year as they have all of the above construction features upon release last year.

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The Santa Ana line got changes on all 2020/21 models reducing the amount of metal for lighter weight(1 tapered sheet only now). More tapering of the metal sheet in the wider models(less metal overall) and less tapering of the metal sheet in the thinner models like the 88. So, even the 2021 Santa Ana 88 got revamped on the Women’s side as you mentioned. More length options now available too. All 2021 Santa Ana models should be a bit more accessible and lighter now.

Enforcer 100 and 94 changed this year(carbon chassis, True Tip, more sizing options with length adjusted rocker added as well as some added stiffness and weight) on the men’s side. New Enforcer 110 and 115 seemed to have got the Carbon Chassis and True Tip treatment without much fanfare from Nordica.

Enforcer 88 and 104 just top sheet changes for this year as they have all of the above construction features upon release last year.
Ahh got it, so the 100 and 94 changed, including the changes in lengths, but not the 88. I found it odd that the SA 88 changed after just one season. I loved the original, but love the newest version, too.

Anyway, drifting! They are great skis.

bremmick

Booting up
Skier
The Brahma is like the Kendo, a very good charger. It is 90% Kendo and 30% Enforcer.

Phil, trying to gauge this comment, your thoughts are the Kendo is "more of" a ski than the Brahma? How does the Declivity 92ti and Maverick 95ti work into this fold?

bremmick

Booting up
Skier
Ordered my 17th pair of skis and 23rd pair of bindings from Corbetts today so I get all their emails about store hours I’m afraid. Haha
Will get them and the Fisher 102 FR stone ground in the Fall as I’m sure the Kendos like every new ski will need it.
Pondered getting the Enforcer 88 or Brahma 88 but liked the better hard snow grip, sizing and longer turning radius/higher speed limit on the Kendo’s although all of them are great.

Trying to go down to three skis next year-Kendo 88 for harder snow, Fisher 102FR for soft/bit of snow and Bibby’s for powder. Fishers and Bibby’s go out West on trips and Kendo/Fishers for most days here.

How are these Kendos treating you? I've got a similiar top half of quiver, Enforcer 104FR and ON3P Billy Goat.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
How are these Kendos treating you? I've got a similiar top half of quiver, Enforcer 104FR and ON3P Billy Goat.

Was going to answer your question on the other thread too but l’ll answer here first.

I’ve only had a few partial days on all my new skis this year on mostly man made snow that refroze at night so a bit of a good test for edge hold and stability in variable snow. I’m currently in the only area in North America that skiing was shut down due to COVID 19 so haven’t been able to ski since before Christmas to try in different conditions.

The Kendo 88s needed a decent amount of stone grinding to get the bases flat and base edge angle reset at 1 but they are very impressive so far. Mounted them on the most forward line to make playful and they are very light on their feet, hold a great edge and very stable at high speeds. The 3D radius is great on them as they are still fun and easy to carve at moderate speeds but feel like a 25m radius when skiing fast. Like the 184cm length for my 6’2”/175 size.

Much better ski at speed and on hard snow vs my old Rustler 9 or something like an Enforcer 88 and think they should be great on soft conditions too. Their flex feels perfect for bumps too but haven’t been able to test that yet.

The Kendo 88s are what I was hoping for-A ski that I think I can ski all day in firmer conditions even if things get a big rougher in the afternoon and still have fun on days going only 35mph against the wind or 50mph plus with it.

TallGuy

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am looking to replace my Dynastar Legend Sultan 85s and today demoed the Enforcer 88 (179) in the morning and the Kendo 88 (177) in the afternoon. I weigh 175. Frankly, both skis felt quite similar to me and not dramatically different from my Sultan 85s. I think that is partially because I'm not as tuned in as many here to the subtleties of skis, but also the temp started today at around 30 and ended at around 55, so the snow conditions were changing fast throughout the day making it harder to know if differences felt were from the changing snow or the skis. Regardless, I was very impressed with the edge hold and stability of both and particularly happy that both hooked up nicely when driven. I like making a variety of turn shapes but am particularly fond of fairly short carving turns. I got the amount of energy I was expecting out of both -- nice and moderate compared to my 72mm carvers that will really launch you out of a turn but are not very versatile. Both hooked up way easier than my 98mm Elan Spires (which I love in shallow 3D snow but don't like much on groomers). I also took both through lots of soft or slushy bumps and again, I didn't feel a significant difference between the two. I liked them both in bumps. I was thinking I wanted to try to Brahma before buying anything, but now I think I may again not be able to distinguish that much of a difference between it and the two today. I think the biggest difference for me was that I liked the graphics better on the Kendo. The Enforcer 88 graphics are so subtle in front of the binding they're kind of boring. Regardless, I would be very happy skiing either as my no-new-snow-in-a-while daily driver.

Reactions: BMC

East Coast Scott

Getting off the lift
Skier
I am looking to replace my Dynastar Legend Sultan 85s and today demoed the Enforcer 88 (179) in the morning and the Kendo 88 (177) in the afternoon. I weigh 175. Frankly, both skis felt quite similar to me and not dramatically different from my Sultan 85s. I think that is partially because I'm not as tuned in as many here to the subtleties of skis, but also the temp started today at around 30 and ended at around 55, so the snow conditions were changing fast throughout the day making it harder to know if differences felt were from the changing snow or the skis. Regardless, I was very impressed with the edge hold and stability of both and particularly happy that both hooked up nicely when driven. I like making a variety of turn shapes but am particularly fond of fairly short carving turns. I got the amount of energy I was expecting out of both -- nice and moderate compared to my 72mm carvers that will really launch you out of a turn but are not very versatile. Both hooked up way easier than my 98mm Elan Spires (which I love in shallow 3D snow but don't like much on groomers). I also took both through lots of soft or slushy bumps and again, I didn't feel a significant difference between the two. I liked them both in bumps. I was thinking I wanted to try to Brahma before buying anything, but now I think I may again not be able to distinguish that much of a difference between it and the two today. I think the biggest difference for me was that I liked the graphics better on the Kendo. The Enforcer 88 graphics are so subtle in front of the binding they're kind of boring. Regardless, I would be very happy skiing either as my no-new-snow-in-a-while daily driver.
I'm leaning towards the Kendo or Brahma myself. I'm curious if either of these skis will change for 2022. I want a good all mountain ski, groomers, trees and bumps. I here Elan Wingman may come out with the Black edition so that makes me curious, but not sure if they are in the same catagory.

TallGuy

Getting on the lift
Skier
I ended up buying the 2021 Enforcer 88 which has graphics I like better than the super subtle 2020 version I demoed (only graphics changed 2020-2022 -- ski construction is the same those three years). According to reviews it is more versatile than the Kendo. I didn't really experience that in the conditions I had, but trust the consistency of the reviews. I want these skis for days when it hasn't snowed in a while and I'll be skiing all over the mountain in bumps, groomers and steeps, so I want them with max versatility on softish 2D snow.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Roaming the shops around my home, e.g. those located within in my village boundaries, I noticed a pair of Kendo 88 @177cm being offered at half (shop listed) price...this thread is making me wonder...mmmh...

Sponsor

Staff online