• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Stöckli Stormrider Motion 85

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: This new rendition of the Stöckli Stormrider Motion 85 is a winner in my book. While the previous version of this ski was super fun and amazingly smooth, this version has all of that but adds a slightly new shape to make turn initiation a little easier. There isn't much else to say except Stöckli smoothness always prevails.

Insider tip: Enjoy!​

AmyPJ: Color me another Stöckli fan. These felt a little slow edge to edge at first, but DUH, I’d just skied a 65mm sports car (aka the Stöckli Laser MX). Once I relaxed on these and let them cruise, I really liked them. Smooth and easy to turn, with a serious yet relaxed side to them. I’d love to ski these back to back with my Black Pearls, which are more playful yet not as smooth.

Awards
Who is it for?
A woman skier looking for an all-mountain ski with a premium feel from first chair to last call. An intermediate to advanced skier who wants a ski that is friendly, smooth, and crud-busting.
Who is it not for?
It isn't budget-friendly unless you can find a killer end-of-season sale -- but that is tough to do if the ski is sold out.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
  4. Trees