• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cantankerous

Booting up
Skier
Hi all--

I hope everyone is safe and healthy...and enduring as best possible.

I know there is a Stockli rep who often checks in at Pug Ski, I think her name is Lindsey, and was hoping that she or any one else with some insight Stockli could help me on this Stormrider 88 question.

I am 5'8'/60+/158 lbs. Pretty good skier. The 2020 Stormrider--in the 168 cm was enough ski for me and I thought it was great. A few shops have the 2020 version discounted right now--but just slightly. If I understand it correctly--the 2021 SR 88 gets beefier and the size increments drop 2 cm's...so there's a 166 and a 175 on the 2021 version. 166 seems too short--at least psychologically --but--I'm not sure I want to move up to 175; particualry if the ski is getting beefier-

So maybe the 2020 is the way to go...Lindsey or any one else--any thoughts on that topic.

Thank you so much for your help.. Stay well..David

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Lindsey is a dude ogwink. I'm sure he will chime in.

He may have made mention of the upcoming changes in the Stockli Brand thread, but that thread is now very long, so probably a nuisance to sift through:

TS
C

Cantankerous

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for letting me know on the gender thing. I actaully thought is was kind of cool that there was a woman ski rep--most of the reps I see are males..not that it makes any difference.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I always assumed Lindsey was as dude, but I read a lot in that thread and came away with the impression Lindsey is a woman, she might of actually acknowledged that. I don't know the person, but I would bet on woman if the bet was small. Now that i think about it, Lindsey mentioned her husband. I guess that doesn't infer gender in this day and age, but I would still bet on woman.

Lindsey's picture is of a man and women, it could go either way but probably not a gay couple.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Heck, I could be wrong on the gender thing, not that it matters, but apologies nonetheless. Regardless, Lindsey is one of the best assets in the Pugski community. Such in depth knowledge of Stockli product is greatly appreciated.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Lindsey is definitely a dude. I've met and spoken with him at SIA.
He is also an expert skier; actually, from what I saw, an elite skier.
And he is very knowledgeable for a full range of skier abilities, really great on the details and performance of Stockli skis from year to year.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Contact Talia (yes a woman) at Stockli in VT. She knows her stuff too.

[email protected]

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got it---can we please get past the gender issue--and focus in the question about the skis..

Much more fun to be derailed ogsmile
Seriously, send Lindsey a PM or post this in the thread that he seems to monitor. He has probably not seen this yet, so seek "him" out.

I was wrong about "her" gender.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Hey there,

Sorry, I'm only checking in to Pugski once a week right now. I sold my house and am moving to Trapper's Loop in Mountain Green, Ut. (7 minutes from the Snowbasin parking lot as the Cottonwood Canyons are so crowded nowadays.)

I am a "dude", the girl in my profile pick is my wife Becky. Blame my mom for the confusion, she apparently loved Fleetwood Mac. I happen to have a son named Mac.

The changes are this.

-21 size runs drops 2cm per length.
-21 has less tip rocker than before. Changes from powder rocker profile of the 95 and 105 to similar AM rocker profile of the AX.
-21 has less tail rocker than before.
-The core and layup are the same.

Because the rocker flattens out I assume that is why people might feel it is a bit more aggressive.

These slides are from the sales meeting in Andermatt previewing the skis.

Hope this is helpful.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.10.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.11.01 PM.png

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Whoever came with the design/colour scheme of this ski needs to be put in front of a firing squad.
Pronto!
Talk about hiding your light under a bushel....smh....

I am then defo buying SR 95 and GS 2020 for who knows what affront to the eyesight Stockli will come up with next year. :ogbiggrin:

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
I think they look fantastic. Much better than last years
Whoever came with the design/colour scheme of this ski needs to be put in front of a firing squad.
Pronto!

I am then defo buying SR 95 and GS 2020 for who knows what affront to the eyesight Stockli will come up with next year. :ogbiggrin:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Pronto!

I like the pattern, but I really like the bright colors they usually use. Replace the bronze/beige with, say, bright blue or orange and it would be awesome.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Quite possible they look better in the flesh.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Does the look of the ski affect the way it skis ???? I have never purchased a ski for its graphics , I must be way out of touch in my old age

Yes it definitely does. I have the blue Stockli SL's and they ski much faster and smoother because of the color. At least I think they do.

Sponsor

Staff online