• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
https://www.skiessentials.com/

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor

Our 2020 Ski Test results are LIVE! This was our third annual ski test and we'e psyched with how it came out. We added another full day of testing at Stowe Mountain Resort, added over 10 testers, and that enabled us to increase the total skis from around 150 to 220 (actually 221). Take a look, let us know what you think, and as always don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions or are wondering about a potential PugSki discount.

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
Ski Essentials - By the way, I called a week ago and discussed a couple of pairs of skis that I was trying to choose between. Spent about 15 minutes with them discussing the pro's and con's of each ski and finally settled on a pair of Fischer RC One 86 Gt's. They were packed and shipped by the end of the next day. Just wanted to tell you and everyone else what a fantastic buying experience. Many kuddos and thanks to all of the employees

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
finally settled on a pair of Fischer RC One 86 Gt's. They were packed and shipped by the end of the next day.

What length did you get?

I skied the 175cm length on a really warm day at Mad River and they weren't a long enough ski for me in those conditions. I am a clyde. They were turny and felt very responsive. Fairly stiff, but not race ski stiff, and they were pretty heavy as well, although I think the weight had a lot to do with the plate and binding. They weren't heavier than other skis in their class with a plate. Let us know what you think of them once you get on them.

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
Ski Essentials - By the way, I called a week ago and discussed a couple of pairs of skis that I was trying to choose between. Spent about 15 minutes with them discussing the pro's and con's of each ski and finally settled on a pair of Fischer RC One 86 Gt's. They were packed and shipped by the end of the next day. Just wanted to tell you and everyone else what a fantastic buying experience. Many kuddos and thanks to all of the employees

Thanks! I'll relay your message to the customer service guys. They do a great job. I also love that ski. I was thoroughly impressed the first time I skied it this past winter. Fischer's making some great skis right now.

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
What length did you get?

I skied the 175cm length on a really warm day at Mad River and they weren't a long enough ski for me in those conditions. I am a clyde. They were turny and felt very responsive. Fairly stiff, but not race ski stiff, and they were pretty heavy as well, although I think the weight had a lot to do with the plate and binding. They weren't heavier than other skis in their class with a plate. Let us know what you think of them once you get on them.
I got them in a 182. I am not only a clyde, but am 6'3" so I always tend to grab things in the longer lengths.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
You guys did a helluva job this year! I can only imagine the work and coordination that goes into this.
PLUS you got religion and finally put the Head Monster 88 in the conversation. A big step forward in the credibility department! :golfclap:

Job well done! You guys rock!

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Amazing reviews @SkiEssentials . The Navis Freebird is mentioned in the Navis review but not reviewed separately. Any more info?

I have used them with Dynafit bindings during the past 2 seasons and love them. It is a really good overall ski (OSQ) but excels in 2 conditions. Firm high alpine snow on steep slopes. It offers ease of use but still has tenacious edge hold when needed. And second, Untracked powder. It does ski full length and at 185cm offers excellent stability for the weight. I did find the speed limit at a-Basin one day on a firm groomer at high speed doing GS turns. It held but the vibration was disconcerting. But, that is not what this ski is for.

Looks like Black Crows really tweaked the Corvus for this year.

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
Amazing reviews @SkiEssentials . The Navis Freebird is mentioned in the Navis review but not reviewed separately. Any more info?

It wasn't on our initial list of skis to test, but Black Crows had a pair and we did have one tester get on them, Brad Moskowitz.

"Quick, solid, nimble, lightweight, yet torsionally stiff and can rail on groomers and easily swing around in the tight terrain. Loved this ski!"

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
@SkiEssentials , really nice job on the reviews as always.

Also, really great job on photoshopping blue skies into your videos! There were shadows and visible snow texture and everything! I can't ever remember a Stowe day with that kind of visibility, at least not for more than five minutes. Obviously that sort of weather was faked. :P

I'll be compiling a list of the skis I don't need shortly. :eek:

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
Also, really great job on photoshopping blue skies into your videos! There were shadows and visible snow texture and everything! I can't ever remember a Stowe day with that kind of visibility, at least not for more than five minutes.

I think we earned those sunny days in the first two years of the Ski Test... :roflmao:

Sponsor