• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hit 130 km/h.

Seriously. I am childish and immature like that.

P.S. Ah yes, and I want my best skiing buddy back. That'd be my wife. The effing baby, who ruined this season for her can't come soon enough so I can have her all to myself.

Did I mention I am selfish as well?

Last edited:

Snuckerpooks

Getting on the lift
Skier
As a racer, I have separate goals. But my new goal is to enjoy the pow days.
Now that I finally have a pair of powder skis, I want to try and expand my skiing on days that the ski racing club would usually take off. Learn the pow, work the core.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The effing baby, who ruined this season for her can't come soon enough so I can have her all to myself.

It's only the beginning. :ogcool:
Fasten your seat belt and hang on for the ride of your life. On second thought, make that a five point harness. A roll cage would be real nice just about now.
Have fun. See you in a couple of decades. :geek:

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hit 130 km/h.

Seriously. I am childish and immature like that.

P.S. Ah yes, and I want my best skiing buddy back. That'd be my wife. The effing baby, who ruined this season for her can't come soon enough so I can have her all to myself.

Did I mention I am selfish as well?
Dude, you think you (and the wife) have time constraints now????? You ain’t seen nothing yet!!!

See ya in 22 years.

Signed,

A HAPPY empty nester

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have fun. See you in a couple of decades. :geek:

Not to worry! I have everything thought through and have a plan involving a volunteering granny who will stay at the lodge/hotel with the baby while we are shredding.
Everything is under solid scientific control!

After all she (my wife) brought that to herself. Being infinitely better skier than me, she had no business starting every single skiing related discussion last year with "Babe, this season I am gonna kick your ass so hard it is not even funny" and expecting me not to do something in self defence, right?

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Did you fail to pass or did you not reach the goal because test wasn't held?
I failed at the practical exam (ski portion)
Still have to take the theoretical portion, but I do not think it will happen, unless a change in the present situation will occur quickly, this year.

Last edited:

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Were there multiple parts of the practical? Did you succeed on some, fail others?

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
The nine "exercises" are skiing maneuvers to demonstrate?

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
So you have three to really focus on while continuing to polish the other six. :daffy::daffy:

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Not really, last year failures took until this year to work on to reach a satisfactory level, but only one was proposed again this year. I failed in a newly proposed one and in two old ones which were previously ok.
It is increasingly frustrating.
More sample clips

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, anything from final execution of specific turns to variations of each (w/ corrective exercises) plus coordination exercises (jump turns, one leg turns and the likes)

Out of curiosity-is that everything you need to be able to do in order to be an instructor?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is really interesting because I'm working on something similar.
I spent a lot of time in low angle trees this past winter because we had so many low visibility days and I realized that I need to amp up my steep bump skills, which also requires shorter turn radius and taking up less terrain.
Goals for the win!
With the season cut short, I can happily say that I committed to working on my short turn radius, better body separation, and taking the hard line more often when there was a choice between the hard line and easy line.
I am currently feeling more confident and am skiing more efficiently in steeps and bumps than I was at the beginning of the season.

Next goal...more of the same with more confidence and efficiency.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Learn how to turn left.

Start the 19-20 season in better physical condition. Work on doing smooth Dolphin turns (currently look like a breaching whale). Ski more days wherever I am. Have as much fun as possible.

Did #1
Failed miserably with #2
Made best effort on #3 till life got in the way
Totally nailed #4

Don't think my skiing improved this year but it felt good. That will make it good enough.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Found this in a document I wrote before the season.

1. I will always remember to emote, using skiing as a vehicle for self-expression. To compose, not perform. (I've always been way too worried about how I looked to others.)

What I’m weakest in:
2. Fore/aft
3. Absorption
4. Edge angles, particularly inside ski.

I think I did pretty well with #1. Once I stopped worrying about Certification training I could once again appreciate what I did well, while still working on getting better. On the Cert path it was all about what I couldn't do, not what I could do, and about how I looked, not how I felt.

#2. Huge improvements mostly through moving over the soon to be new outside ski before transition. Re-centering.

#3. Continued improvement. This was my focus last year.

#4. Huge improvements.

So a shortened season. Next to no powder days, no soft bumps to ski on all year, but I reached my goals.

Sponsor