• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I might actually take next season off from skiing. I kind of want to do different stuff. I've basically been in the ski bum routine since I was 16. That's almost 30 years. It's hard to let go of it but that part almost feels like it's holding me back from new and different experiences.
First of all :eek:
On the other hand, if you do something new and exciting, I hope you share it with us.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My overarching goal always is not to be the subject of a cautionary tale or win a Darwin Award.
That is a goal to beat all goals. :D

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
At least once in mid-summer when it's really hot outside, I'll go in my nice cool basement and put on my boots and click into my skis to remember what it feels like!

Being a late bloomer to skiing, I can't imagine taking a winter off, I don't have that many good years left before the decline starts. I mean, I know I'm declining physically at 60, but my skills are improving so I don't notice. So for next year, I'd like to continue to see further improvement and no decline. And hit a new max in days skied! And get more than two powder days on the east coast!

slowrider

Trencher
Skier

After watching some video from the past season, I realized how much terrain I require with my longer boards & why I struggle in tighter Eastern haunts. I’m planning on a focus of getting better on shorter skis.

What’s your goals?
That's where I am at.
151cm,156cm,165cm. 5'10"@200#. Expecially on steeper frozen groomers. Bonus-skis are inexpensive.
20190426_094716.jpg

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Well, having shamefully missed most of my (skiing related) 18-19 goals, which were (from my 2018-2019 goals thread):
1) Ski as much as possible (while training for points 2-3-4 below as well) - DONE (some 80 days)
2) Pass L3 cert -MISSED
3) Complete the Freeride Guide cert - NOT ATTEMPTED
4) Pass Eurotest - NOT EVEN ATTEMPTED
5) Don't go bankrupt in the process - NEARLY SO ;-)
6) Keep current daily job, points 1 to 4 above notwithstanding - DONE
7) Save some vacation days, so to have some "quality time" for and with the family - DONE

I mulled all summer (2019) long on my failure(s) of past season, and while took some time off from any ski related thought to de-congestionate (in fact stopped skiing on may 4th/5th, started skiing/train again only in late August and train on purpouse in the gym only late July) had to think long and hard whether I wanted to try one more time even after resuming skiing/training, until I decided it was about time to try to forget about last season and only look forward, thus...
This season goals are unchanged
1) Ski as much as possible (training or not)
2) Pass the ZUTS U3 certification (L3)
3) Complete the Freeride Guide certification (Eurosecurité)
4) Pass (or at least, attempt) Eurotest
5) Don't go bankrupt in the process (points 1 to 4 above notwithstanding)
6) Keep current daily job (points 1to 4 above notwithstanding)
7) Have as much time and fun as possible with the family both on and off snow (points 1to 4 above notwithstanding)
A point I neglected to list last year but it is, cardinal (and prerequisite) to all of the above is : a) hit the gym at least twice a week and stay fit enough to be able to carry on those abovementioned goals and more (stay reasonably fit, which is anyway a good thing)

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
My main goal is to ski more days than last season. I upgraded my pass this season for the extra days for the JH and NE gatherings but I feel compelled to beat my $/day rate by as much as possible. I also feel like I better get some extra practice (and maybe a lesson or two) before the gatherings so I don't embarrass myself too badly.
:crash:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled

After watching some video from the past season, I realized how much terrain I require with my longer boards & why I struggle in tighter Eastern haunts. I’m planning on a focus of getting better on shorter skis.

What’s your goals?

Why not learn to ski the longer boards in tight places?