• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A
My goal is to return to skiing with a healthy shoulder and knee. And to perhaps achieve the Level 3 standard for skiing.

Then I can retire.

Mike
According to Mike Costello, then you can finally learn how to ski :D

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
In the 2018 -2019 season I did all my skiing on my newest equipment and did not get a single vintage ski day. So for next season I want to get at least one day of skiing on vintage equipment. To complete the season uninjured and as always to ski at least one day with my daughter.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
020 Cool, I think:huh:
I'd say I look forward to purchasing those shorter skis from you next spring when you decide that you prefer longer but realize your idea of shorter is 180cm + :D

I’m actually learning (trying) to live in the 70’s. I’m 5’8” & ~145 pounds. Stepping away from the 188-196s is like a 12 step program. I’ve got some spiffy Moment Meridian 117’s ready to go for next season in a 171cm size ;)

So my 2020 goal is to stay uninjured and actually have a full 2020 season.
The dang calf muscle tear from April has been healed and reinjured three times over now:( Kevin Durant's torn Achilles is a wake-up call for me to stop running with a group when I recover from last weeks reinjury:eek: :nono:

I can sort ya out here too. :beercheer:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

After watching some video from the past season, I realized how much terrain I require with my longer boards & why I struggle in tighter Eastern haunts. I’m planning on a focus of getting better on shorter skis.

What’s your goals?
This is really interesting because I'm working on something similar.
I spent a lot of time in low angle trees this past winter because we had so many low visibility days and I realized that I need to amp up my steep bump skills, which also requires shorter turn radius and taking up less terrain.
Goals for the win!

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I might actually take next season off from skiing. I kind of want to do different stuff. I've basically been in the ski bum routine since I was 16. That's almost 30 years. It's hard to let go of it but that part almost feels like it's holding me back from new and different experiences.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I might actually take next season off from skiing. I kind of want to do different stuff. I've basically been in the ski bum routine since I was 16. That's almost 30 years. It's hard to let go of it but that part almost feels like it's holding me back from new and different experiences.
BLASPHEMY! BAN HIM!!

JK, I didn't ski from about age 35-43. Just too busy with new non skiing wife and then too really young kids. You won't lose much as long as you keep active in other ways..

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
I didn't ski while I was in college. I was married and poor. When the kids got to be 6 and 7, I started teaching them to ski, which put me back on the slopes.

My goal: Spend more time with the girls (now little old ladies) skiing.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online