• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider

After watching some video from the past season, I realized how much terrain I require with my longer boards & why I struggle in tighter Eastern haunts. I’m planning on a focus of getting better on shorter skis.

What’s your goals?

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

After watching some video from the past season, I realized how much terrain I require with my longer boards & why I struggle in tighter Eastern haunts. I’m planning on a focus of getting better on shorter skis.

What’s your goals?
Cool, I think:huh:
I'd say I look forward to purchasing those shorter skis from you next spring when you decide that you prefer longer but realize your idea of shorter is 180cm + :D

So my 2020 goal is to stay uninjured and actually have a full 2020 season.
The dang calf muscle tear from April has been healed and reinjured three times over now:( Kevin Durant's torn Achilles is a wake-up call for me to stop running with a group when I recover from last weeks reinjury:eek: :nono:

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I am still skiing ... but the goals start immediately or are continuing ... hard to determine which. I will continue to work on becoming proficient at skiing bumps.
1. Along with that goal, I plan to attend next year's gathering in Taos for the ski week!
2. Right now, slush bumps in Mammoth are in order since the conditions are very forgiving.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Learn how to turn left.

Start the 19-20 season in better physical condition. Work on doing smooth Dolphin turns (currently look like a breaching whale). Ski more days wherever I am. Have as much fun as possible.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Mine are to really get a grip on my fear issues. I have learned that I gently need to be pushed out of my comfort zone. Not by my SO but by Mark (terrain coach at Killington), friends at Bromley or Magic. I made some great strides in this last season but this year I plan to take a private or two with Mermer Blakeslee. We've already been in touch by email. I've never skied superstar at Killington, not because I can't but because my mind wins. Other that my goals are to maintain a healthy balance between teaching and free skiing and really take in the clinics they give us at bromley because I always learn some game changing tidbit. I love ungroomed terrain so hope to continue to have fun in that area. Ski the fall line more and stop letting my fear of speed keep that brake hold on me. Our friends just bought a condo at Magic and I'm really looking forward to showing them our new favorite mountain and having lots of good times. I plan to start skiing in October, ski well into May, start working on my uphill adventures, stay healthy and drink some good beer.

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Returned to skiing in 2007 and skied every weekend day I could get away exploring the mid atlantic.southeast places I'd never skied. 2012-2018 was spent teaching my kids to ski while sneaking in a couple of me sessions. Last season only skied 2 days with my son. Daughter didn't ski at all. Grabbed a couple additional day trips. I'm expecting a repeat of that. I haven't felt like shopping for new skis in 3 years. Happy with what I've got for the foreseeable future. Might ski a little more often if work allows, but right now just in a 5-10 day per season mode, couple with my son.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Returned to skiing in 2007 and skied every weekend day I could get away exploring the mid atlantic.southeast places I'd never skied. 2012-2018 was spent teaching my kids to ski while sneaking in a couple of me sessions. Last season only skied 2 days with my son. Daughter didn't ski at all. Grabbed a couple additional day trips. I'm expecting a repeat of that. I haven't felt like shopping for new skis in 3 years. Happy with what I've got for the foreseeable future. Might ski a little more often if work allows, but right now just in a 5-10 day per season mode, couple with my son.
you still have an open invite here in asheville

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January