• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Salomon S/Max W 10

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: The S/Max W 10 was a sleeper ski for me. We have talked about the men’s version but haven’t really touched on this one; we have barely talked about the S/Max Blast that I skied last year. Maybe we ladies have not been thinking much of this kind of ski, but it's time to change that -- especially if we want manufacturers to continue to build skis that can carve your signature into the firmest of groomers. As Salomon says, “The S/Max W line of skis is loaded with two sheets of Ti, full race wood core and the all-new edge amplifier giving you a ski that offers power, performance, precision responsiveness and edge grip.” I don’t often quote the manufacturer, but Salomon nailed it. This is not a ski I want to take into the bumps or trees, but damn does it respond to every tiny bit of input I put into it; it does make me think I could carve my name into a crispy groomer. “Precision responsiveness,” indeed.

Insider tip: For a slightly narrower and lighter version of this ski, look at the S/Max Blast.​

Who is it for?
A woman who wants a precise groomer ski.
Who is it not for?
Bumping Bonnie.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
Ski category
  1. Race
  2. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications