• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
https://www.skiessentials.com/

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Yup. If I were on the Rossi ticket, the BO 98 would be in the quiver. It's a better 'experience' . Smooth, quick, great crud ride.

James

Out There
Instructor
Any comparison to the Dynastar Slicer/Menace?

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Any comparison to the Dynastar Slicer/Menace?

Similar feel for sure. The shape feels a little different, longer turn radius. A little more stout than the Slicer/Menace too, but those skis have a relatively similar, smooth feel.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yup. If I were on the Rossi ticket, the BO 98 would be in the quiver. It's a better 'experience' . Smooth, quick, great crud ride.
For your exams? ogsmile
The weak spot with the Dynastar is sizing. Similar to Blizzard Rustler 9. Really should have a solid mid 180's size.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Blacl Ops 98 was a darling onf our testers too.

Reactions: Ron

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Last edited:

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
it is one of my three "I could own" awarded skis for 2019 SIA. in fact, I plan to own a pair.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Similar feel for sure. The shape feels a little different, longer turn radius. A little more stout than the Slicer/Menace too, but those skis have a relatively similar, smooth feel.
Oddly, the Pugski test team all liked the Black OPs but weren't digging the Menace.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
But isn't it really designed to be a more "soulful" even "super" "experience"?ogwink

A cage match with the comparative Fischer Ranger sounds warranted, but I'm not sure if it should be the Ti or FR version.

Mine is the older 115 XTi, which matches better with the BO 118.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Over the years Rossi has produced some market dominate skis, is the BO 98 going to be one of those in that width category?

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
most fun ski I have ever skied and it still railed in piled up skied out snow. its def not a twin.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I sold the 95's last season. the stockils are awesome but fun isn't an adjective I would use. the BO 98 is just a kick in the head. (in a good way )

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
But isn't it really designed to be a more "soulful" even "super" "experience"?ogwink

A cage match with the comparative Fischer Ranger sounds warranted, but I'm not sure if it should be the Ti or FR version.

Mine is the older 115 XTi, which matches better with the BO 118.

This ski is heads and tails stronger than the 7's

James

Out There
Instructor
What type of mount are people on this in terms of forward etc. most reviews have it pretty forward, more center oriented.

Sponsor

Staff online