• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hello,

I would just like to thank all of you that took the little pugster - ak little tree skier under your wings on the last couple of days of the trip and for anybody that skied with us beforehand. He is more daring and skis faster than myself and his grand parents. I hope he was not to much trouble. He really could not stop talking about how much he enjoyed the experience and how he is looking forward to next year in Aspen. Of course, that is easy for him to say, as he is not paying for it. Now if he would only ski with poles.

Kent

Cool! Great to hear, Kent. Don't sweat the poles.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hello,

I would just like to thank all of you that took the little pugster - ak little tree skier under your wings on the last couple of days of the trip and for anybody that skied with us beforehand. He is more daring and skis faster than myself and his grand parents. I hope he was not to much trouble. He really could not stop talking about how much he enjoyed the experience and how he is looking forward to next year in Aspen. Of course, that is easy for him to say, as he is not paying for it. Now if he would only ski with poles.

Kent
I've got a video of him. I was just going to put it on YouTube and make it private, but YouTube insists on turning g and letter boxing it. Maybe I'll do that anyway.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Hello,

Kent
He’s a little ripper for sure and had no trouble keeping up in challenging terrain. It was a blast skiing with him.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
poles, s'moles, who needs them...Unless you're tired of pulling him around.
He skates... I don't think anyone had to pull him. But I'd guess maybe he's growing out of not using poles with the stuff he's skiing; I.e. poles would make the steep bumps easier for him once he learned to use them.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oops, I got a little out of control with my cell phone camera over the last couple of days with about 3000 photos taken and hosting through google photos. Motel didn't have the bandwidth to handle them. Now that I have a better connection I will try to post a few here over the next day.

Later I may do a dedicated thread with many more photos so that member subjects can peruse without boring the rest of
you.

Brad, a really strong skier and enjoyed parts of two days with, including the ride over to GT and back.
View attachment 95320
Dano is the man, the elder statesmen, and the skiing on the cheap sensei.
View attachment 95321
2/28/20 was a super clear and beautiful day at GT with very nice snow conditions. We were all mesmerized by the iconic Grand Teton view off the backside. I couldn't get enough of it and went by once more on my last run at 4pm. Dave and Justin.
View attachment 95323
Dave the Gathermeister.
View attachment 95324 View attachment 95325
George, a great skier and fine dude!
View attachment 95328
Justin again
View attachment 95329 View attachment 95331
Kara and Idaho view.
View attachment 95332
It was great to go to a place where we could boot-up in a real base lodge, not a tent.
View attachment 95333
Phil Pug leading the way.
View attachment 95334
More later.
Its always hard to remember real names and usernames, but the one that's really been bugging me, mostly because I skied with him a fair amount on this trip is Justin. I knew his user name started with an N, :doh: so finally I got smart enough to look at the roll call thread. @theNitza:yahoo:
We are finishing the Gathering at the Wort Silver Dollar Bar drinking whiskey and watching the locals tear it up!
View attachment 95415
Please tell me you have pics of some Pugskiers tearing it up.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I had a great time at Jackson Hole and Want to personally thank @Jim Kenney for the ride to GT . Jim is such a great guy , he even provided us with coffee for the ride over and beer for the ride back . It was much appreciated . Thank You
I was just looking back at the trip report to see if I'd missed anything and I see Jim got a ton of good photos (no surprise there) and especially some really good shots of you.

Danny

aka Cometjo
Skier
Hello,

Kent
It was a blast skiing with him.

James

Out There
Instructor
Oops, I got a little out of control with my cell phone camera over the last couple of days with about 3000 photos taken and hosting through google photos. Motel didn't have the bandwidth to handle them. Now that I have a better connection I will try to post a few here over the next day.

Later I may do a dedicated thread with many more photos so that member subjects can peruse without boring the rest of
you.

Brad, a really strong skier and enjoyed parts of two days with, including the ride over to GT and back.
View attachment 95320
Dano is the man, the elder statesmen, and the skiing on the cheap sensei.
View attachment 95321
2/28/20 was a super clear and beautiful day at GT with very nice snow conditions. We were all mesmerized by the iconic Grand Teton view off the backside. I couldn't get enough of it and went by once more on my last run at 4pm. Dave and Justin.
View attachment 95323
Dave the Gathermeister.
View attachment 95324 View attachment 95325
George, a great skier and fine dude!
View attachment 95328
Justin again
View attachment 95329 View attachment 95331
Kara and Idaho view.
View attachment 95332
It was great to go to a place where we could boot-up in a real base lodge, not a tent.
View attachment 95333
Phil Pug leading the way.
View attachment 95334
More later.

79EFAD39-CC20-49BE-88E6-105F428F8677.jpeg
Classic shot! Was that early or late?

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That shot was taken about 930-10 AM on Friday, Feb 28, 2020. Two good friends there from MA, Brad and George.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Great pictures! Other than a few turns with Pugskiers, I mostly skied in my own group. On a happy note, the trophy girlfriend who tagged along became the trophy fiance for my buddy Jim. The Tetons are pretty magical.
I'm glad I got to ski at least one run with you. Looked like your crew had a great time.

Sponsor

Staff online