• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Professional Golf 2020 PGA Championship Tourney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It's been since before covid that I've been this interested in a live sports event. Who are you rooting for?

It might be fun to see Tony Finau from SLC, UT win it! Or another golfer who's never won a major tourney, Tommy Fleetwood from Southport, England.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's been since before covid that I've been this interested in a live sports event. Who are you rooting for?

It might be fun to see Tony Finau from SLC, UT win it! Or another golfer who's never won a major tourney, Tommy Fleetwood from Southport, England.
Watching it now. Mickelson adds some great insight as an announcer. I do like Fleetwood but I would like to see Koepka threepeat

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Somebody please post the standings. Have been out playing golf all afternoon and haven't seen them. No 19th hole is kind of a problem.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Watching it now. Mickelson adds some great insight as an announcer. I do like Fleetwood but I would like to see Koepka threepeat

I’m a big Dustin Johnson fan as I love how he plays the game without saying a lot, much like Ernie Els did. Since DJ and Koepka are great friends who practice and train together, I’d love to see them head to head in the final group tomorrow.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It’s nice having it played on the west coast and it running so late in the day.
Finau finishing strong tomorrow would make me happy. I like DJ as well

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Still some guys on the course, but at 940 eastern time:
Dustin Johnson

United States
Dustin Johnson
-9 F -5 69 67 65 - 201

T2 14
Scottie Scheffler

United States
Scottie Scheffler

Titleist
-8 F -5 66 71 65 - 202

T2 6
Cameron Champ

United States
Cameron Champ
-8 F -3 71 64 67 - 202

T4 21
Collin Morikawa

United States
Collin Morikawa
-7 F -5 69 69 65 - 203

T4 4
Paul Casey

England
Paul Casey

Titleist
-7 F -2 68 67 68 - 203

T6 19
Bryson DeChambeau

United States
Bryson DeChambeau
-6 F -4 68 70 66 - 204

T6 10
Tony Finau

United States
Tony Finau

Titleist
-6 F -3 67 70 67 - 204

T6 4
Justin Rose

England
Justin Rose
-6 17 E 66 68 - - 134

T6 4
Brooks Koepka

United States
Brooks Koepka
-6 17 E 66 68 - - 134

T6 4
Jason Day

Australia
Jason Day

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Cameron Champ, tied for second, is an interesting new name to me. 5'11" and 180 lbs and he hits the ball almost as far as big Bryson DeChambeau.

Last edited:

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Some random thoughts about the PGA this year

I love the SF Harding Park course, it is spectacular next to the Pacific in the aerial views. Most golf courses pretty much look the same, this has a uniqueness. Love the diameter. of the large trees, some have to be 10', majestic!
It just says San Francisco, also, it is much colder out there, not used to seeing PGA pros wearing winter caps.

Love how the rough beats up the best players in the world. PGA Championship golf courses are always demanding, not a long course, you have to drive the ball straight. I would probably loose about a dozen balls there, maybe more.

Love that on the last day, there are about 12 people who can win it all. I try very hard not to root for anyone, just want to see great play.

My eastern US seaboard location does not like seeing the best players tee off at 6pm. Don't want to spend all Saturday night watching a golf event. Given round times are around 4.5 hours, it does not finish until 10:30. It is a little better today, but, I'm spoiled and used to seeing golf end at 6 pm

It is also great to see how the tour players have kept themselves free of the virus, yeah, there have been a few. These guys do not have contracts, they earn only prize money, so, social responsibility is of paramount importance to both other players and their family at home.

James

Out There
Instructor
Heh, I went to Baltusrol in NJ once for the PGA championship one day in 2016. Holy cow, never done so much work at a sporting event. Walking. Plus, it’s hot, really hot in the sun. You’re desperate for shade, yet it might rain.
I’d be more inclined to go if it was like SF weather.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I suppose a lot of those pros are prima donnas, but Koepka and Dustin Johnson (top threats in this tourney) come off as two of the cockiest golfers out there. May the best man win, but I hope somebody else gives them a good run for their money.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I suppose a lot of those pros are prima donnas, but Koepka and Dustin Johnson (top threats in this tourney) come off as two of the cockiest golfers out there. May the best man win, but I hope somebody else gives them a good run for their money.
I am not a Dustin Johnson fan myself and I agree with you but Koepka, he has the majors to back it up.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, six guys tied for the lead at 9 under and a bunch more only a stroke or two behind.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Morikawa...wow, what a drive on 16...to go for the green?

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
and what a putt for eagle. possibly all over. I told my wife a tourney like this with so many near the top is like watching a sunset. slow burn, then all kinds of stuff happens in the last couple holes and time suddenly races.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Morikawa...wow, what a drive on 16...to go for the green?
They're all going for the green on 16. But he hit it on a very good line. Several other folks have hit it too, but not in as good a spot.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m thinking today’s performance or lack thereof should provide Koepka with a much needed dose of humility. .

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Too some extent, I think many PGA pros have a bit of a "cocky" attitude. Tiger and Phil for sure, Phil just smiles more. I don't try to read what players think or act, Dustin Johnson has always seemed quiet and distant, is that "cocky" ????? Brooks is outspoken on some issues, including pace of play, good for him, not a boring interview like so many give. What is unique about him is that he has very few wins on the non-major PGA circuit, and, 4 majors, go figure! On the tour, you just have to believe in yourself and make others respect that you are not going fold. Mind games are a way of life on Tour.

Back to Harding Park PGA. :thumb::thumb: to Colin Moricawa, he ruled on the back nine with flawless driving of the golf ball and some great putting. Jack Nicklaus and Lee Trevino built golf swings on high, cut (left to right) ball flight. Much more repeatable and safe, Colin was a joy to watch doing the same. It was a great, competitive tournament on a classic course.

Sponsor

Staff online