• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Nordica Santa Ana 110

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: This is one of the skis that was unavailable in a length I would normally ski, but I figured if @SkiNurse can adjust for a bigger size, then I can adjust for a shorter size. It was the first ski of the day for me, so I was able to ski it in untracked snow as well as some chopped-up, skied-out stuff that varied from wind buff to lower-elevation snow that didn’t much resemble powder. The Santa Ana 110 definitely has the grrr to handle it, but this shorter length bounced me around a little. I would really like to get on a 169 and let her run. All in all, I think Nordica has done a good job with the Santa Ana line, adding metal and giving it the torsional stiffness to slice through the chop after the powder is skied out.

Insider tip: If you’re looking for a less serious option, the Santa Ana 100 may be a better choice.​

Who is it for?
You need a big-mountain or heli ski.
Who is it not for?
Someone looking for a playful powder ski for low-angle trees.
Skier ability
  1. Expert
Ski category
  1. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Off Piste
  2. Touring/Backcountry
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
161, 169, 177
Dimensions
138-110-127
Radius
15.5m@169cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. Flat

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Staricco

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Tricia, For someone that weighs 118lbs and is 5'.6" tall would you do the 161cm OR the 169cm length for handling Squaw powder days and cement/heavy crud days? We also do the chutes and tree lines a lot.

Sponsor