• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 New England Gathering poll

Which dates for the 2020 NEG

• March 27th to 29th

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • April 3rd to 5th

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
The New England Gathering has had a long run up in Northern Vermont visiting the Stowe and Sugarbush areas, but it's time for a change to take advantage of the prevalence of Ikon passes. We're moving the show to Killington this winter.

Dates are in the poll above. We've previously had a four day NEG, but the fourth day was always sparsely attended, so it's officially a three day event this winter as well, Friday through Sunday.

Killington has a prevalence of lodging down valley in Rutland or along the access road.

The Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge -- for any and all Pug Skiers who want to show us "how it's done" -- will be on April 4th this year.

I haven't been to Killington in many years; @Guy in Shorts will be guiding (among others depending on who I can recruit).

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No Preference re. dates. Thanks for the heads up though, I will make sure to save some K. days on my Ikon.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Thanks! Are both potential weekends covered by the Killington spring pass?

NP. Yes, both weekends are good. Spring pass typically is available for purchase/use after 3/15 or thereabouts. No blackouts and good til end of season. We plan to get IKON passes next season but will still get the spring pass so that we can use our 5 days during peak season. Spring pass was $209 I think last time around. It's an amazing deal.

Last edited:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I probably could make either weekend work, but prefer to avoid April 4 (my anniversary) unless I can convince my wife to join us. We ski on a comparable advanced intermediate level, but she is terrible at navigating round Killington! I get a lot more vacation than she does and we burn three weeks each winter at Killington. I'll have to start working on her.:cool:

I'm glad you guys are coming down for the Gathering! Let's hope for a great end of season like the forecasts suggest. You can put me down as a guide for our intermediate skiers.

Calling @Wannabeskibum @mister moose I know there are others, but I've met them and GIS.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We get the spring pass every year and the second Magic/Broms close down we are at the beast every weekend til almost the bitter end. We don't normally get to Killington this early but those weekends might work. March probably the better one. April one could work if it's not closing weekend for Magic/Bromley as we like to close them out.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I could do either weekend. I have mixed feelings about BMMC weekend. It can get a bit crowded but all the really good mogul skiers come out of the woodwork so the lines are usually cut nicely.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
BMMC weekend
I've seen some roped off mogul comp venue on Outer Limits, though I'm not sure if it was the actual BMMC.
How much of the run do they take out of service for it? I think I remember about half the width for about a third of the length?

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I could do either weekend but voted for March. That way my son could attend with me. He mentioned that he wanted to go to a Pugski gathering sometime.

Last edited:

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I've seen some roped off mogul comp venue on Outer Limits, though I'm not sure if it was the actual BMMC.
How much of the run do they take out of service for it? I think I remember about half the width for about a third of the length?
That was probably it. Half the trail roped off at the bottom. I usually mostly avoid bear mountain on the day of the comp because its a zoo but you can usually find good bumps (and bump skiers) quite a few other places.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister

I asked @Guy in Shorts this via PM; he indicated about half the width / half the length is taken by the course, but the rest of Outer Limits remains open.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Wife and I have Ikon, we will watch this thread. I didn't vote but either weekend will work. We'll just have to see if we blow our budget out west before and after the Jackson Hole Gathering. We want to burn as much of our Utah Ikon allotment before and after the Gathering.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking forward to it.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Looks like the March dates have a significant lead, but I'll keep the poll open for another two weeks or so.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I voted April, but that should only be a half vote, as I won’t know if I can until January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor