• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 New England Gathering poll

Which dates for the 2020 NEG

• March 27th to 29th

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • April 3rd to 5th

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I would love to go but my son is in season and has games on both of those Saturdays. I may try and sneak in for a Friday depending on where and what is up with my wife.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
As more of a fan of low-key ... well, everything, I voted for the earlier date. The prospect of layering a big event on top of the scene that is Killington is enough to make me run away screaming.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The final demise of the existing K-1 lodge appears to be scheduled for this timeframe. Anyone have an exact date on that?

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
It’s all good for me. Ikon pass holder.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
The final demise of the existing K-1 lodge appears to be scheduled for this timeframe. Anyone have an exact date on that?

This page: https://www.killington.com/the-mountain/mountain-info/mountain-improvements/k1-lodge simply states that "During summer 2020, the existing base lodge will be removed... The existing K-1 Lodge will remain open for winter 2019/20 with modified access to the building"

Doesn't seem like we'll get the chance to press the plunger to demolish the existing structure. :huh:

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Lodge should remain thru mid April before demo. Last weekend of March is usually the last weekend for the Skyeship lodge on Rt 4. Top of the mountain is always fun this time of year.

IMG_5419.jpg Cascade Headwall 27Mach19 IMG_3153.jpg Outer Limits during 2018 BMMC - Note more folks party then ski
IMG_2983.jpg Catwalk 27March18 Skier @mister moose

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Doesn't seem like we'll get the chance to press the plunger to demolish the existing structure.

@Wending's grandparents operated a farm on a large parcel of land in upstate NY. They decided to build a pond of significant size. There was already water flowing through a swampy area. This was in, maybe, 1960. They had done all the design pre-work. (Grandma was a civil engineer. Truth.) One day they had placed a bunch of charges as part of the initial prep work. Grandma was entertaining friends on the front porch overlooking the pond site. Grandpa had taken a dislike to one of the friends. So he handed her a device the size of a box of kitchen matches, with a switch on it. " Go ahead, try it," he said. BOOM. Mud rained down on the universe. Legend has it that the friend never visited again, and Grandma was secretly glad.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Wending's grandparents operated a farm on a large parcel of land in upstate NY. They decided to build a pond of significant size. There was already water flowing through a swampy area. This was in, maybe, 1960. They had done all the design pre-work. (Grandma was a civil engineer. Truth.) One day they had placed a bunch of charges as part of the initial prep work. Grandma was entertaining friends on the front porch overlooking the pond site. Grandpa had taken a dislike to one of the friends. So he handed her a device the size of a box of kitchen matches, with a switch on it. " Go ahead, try it," he said. BOOM. Mud rained down on the universe. Legend has it that the friend never visited again, and Grandma was secretly glad.

Now I understand. :D

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Phelmut & I are members of the Central Jersey ski club, with a lodge 25min from Killington, so whatever weekend it is, you all can use our lodge as our guest for $30 a night.... I need to check on the number of guests we are allowed but I don't foresee an issue unless it lines up with one of our bus trip weekends...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
New news for me... looks like I probably have a work trip from March 30th - April 5th... so I may not make the Gathering at all. :( (On the bright side, it's an annual trip to Colorado where I'll probably ski on the 3rd and 4th.)

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
...actually the weekend of March 27th is a club bus trip.. in which I'm running... We are skiing Sugarbush, and Okemo, so if it ends up that weekend, then unfortunately the CJSC lodge will not be available, but the following weekend is good.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Late March is leading the polling by a 19-10 margin at this point... I'll leave the poll open until the day before Thanksgiving (November 27th).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online