• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Mustang Mach E Leaked! All Electric X-Over / AWD Option

TS
neonorchid

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
They really blew naming this one. Too close to Revolis. Did the Subaru designers lose their French curves?
IDK what Revolis is, never heard the name (or word)???

e•volt•is sounds like what the Allergist I went to see about an anaphylactic reaction to multiple wasp stings (received on a trail run which I thought I could continue to run thru the pain - big mistake that was), and subsequently diagnosed me as having when at the time shown the terribly itchy poison ivy/athletes feet looking two weeks duration blisters on my fingers wrist and arms which I was getting when working on the marine aquarium! I was told something like it's a contact evoltis, "saltwater is highly irritating to the skin". I wasn't buying that for a minute! Eventually, I figured out it was from both direct contact with colonial hydroids, bits and pieces from scrubbing coral rock within the aquarium and (as was suggested by a guy on our weekly hike with a BS in marine biology), their larval stages circulating in the water column! I had to rearrange living coral colonies, remove a huge piece coral rock and relocate the sea anemone while under attack from angry clownfish, then remove and scrub coral rock with live encrusting coral colonies so as not to lose them and eventually burn the dang hydroids off the rock with a flambee torch (multiple times) because they kept coming back. Finally got rid of them and no more terrible itchy rashes. Had that not worked I would've got rid of the aquarium, and I have had a marine aquarium for around 40 years!
Btw, as to the test result of allergic to all vespids but honey bees and my rejecting the Rx for incredibly lengthy (years) sensitivity treatments. Well, I got stung by two yellow jackets a few years later with nothing more than an ouch that hurts reaction alleviated within a few hours with ice!

...sorry for the rant, least I forget the french curves, (HaHa), I know what they are. Still have several somewhere around here with the art supplies. D@rn that dates us! Do draftsmen(women and gender fluids) even use them anymore? But yeah, if so, clearly the french curves collected dust on this project!
LOL.
I don't get that battleship radar looking "pseudo bumper" of a grill front fascia copied from Tesla by the Ford Mach E Tang and Subaru Evoltis design teams ... so much for originality!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
EVs still have a way to go to work for me. It's over 250 miles from home to my VT condo. Very limited charging once I get there. Just doesn't work until the charging infrastructure is vastly improved. And it doesn't hours to fully charge versus minutes to fill the tank with gas.

A great topic for this forum, can we use these new EV's as a ski car ? I could care less what it is named. I drive a plug in hybrid electric car as my ski vehicle and absolutely love it. I have owned a Ford CMAX for 2 years now. Cmax, now there's a name that jumps right out and grabs ya. (kidding) I calculate I am saving about $2k overall a year in gas purchases. A lot of it is I charge for free at work and commute less than 10 miles per day. But, since I can only go 25 miles on the battery per charge, the real savings for skiing is getting 40+ mpg versus the 17 mpg I was getting with my Honda Pilot. I would like to go full EV, the driving experience is so much better, but the charging options hold me back.

This past season I found charging stations at Sunday River in ME and at Loon in NH. At each, there were 2 tesla stations (high voltage, fast charge) and 1, 110 VAC regular station. I think Loon had a second 240 VAC station. I was impressed, but the quantity is kind of limited. If I owned a ski house, I would definitely install a quick charge station (something around 2 hrs or less) and then would feel pretty good about going full EV. Tesla has enough stations for you to go almost everywhere in the US with a 20 minute quick charge stop. Remote locations such as ski mtn's might still not be completely covered by Tesla's grid, I don't know for sure. If I go to Jay in VT from my house in Gloucester MA, its a 4.5 hour drive, so around 250 miles, which would require a charge to make it.

Anyone else using an EV as a ski car?

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've used my model 3 performance for 90% of the skitrips this season! and quite a few last season.

The juice is about $15 roundtrip to favorite restore on tesla, on my G63 its about $200 :p

Sponsor

Staff online