• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Line Sick Day 88?

Pauldotcom

Booting up
Skier
Anyone have a review on this ski; searched and couldn't find one. Be as descriptive as you'd like. I don't normally buy without a try but the prices right now are pretty damn good. I'm looking for a front side ski to compliment my Blizzard Rustler 102's here in beautiful New England lol..

So, figure 80% front side, 20% when conditions surprise me lol..

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
BUMP. Thinking about sizing this ski down to 172 as my "dad ski". Has anyone skied it? Has anyone skied both the 88 AND the 94? Is the 88 stiffer than the 94? Does the 94 have more pronounced rocker lines than the 88?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
The entire Sickday line are aimed at those who want a light touring ski that still could be used in at the resort in soft conditions, so a 50/50 ski.

The 88 has less taper and rocker vs the 94 that’s more biased towards softer snow but even the 88 with its soft flex and very light weight doesn’t have the edge grip of heavier, stiffer skis.

Well built skis for the money but don’t expect decent crud performance or suspension at the resort as they are too light and soft. Fun at low speeds when conditions are soft and nice weight for touring uphill.
If you’re strictly skiing at the resort, skis like the Kore 93, Declivity 92Ti and Rustler 9 etc offer fun, playful, easy going skis that are still light but offer higher all around performance.

cc1

Booting up
Skier
BUMP. Thinking about sizing this ski down to 172 as my "dad ski". Has anyone skied it? Has anyone skied both the 88 AND the 94? Is the 88 stiffer than the 94? Does the 94 have more pronounced rocker lines than the 88?
88 does not have carbon tubes through the length of the ski, 94 does, this stiffens it up.
I prefer the older sick day without the carbon tubes, I prefer the flex and shape.

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
88 does not have carbon tubes through the length of the ski, 94 does, this stiffens it up.
I prefer the older sick day without the carbon tubes, I prefer the flex and shape.
Paralysis via analysis has really got me here. I really WANT the 88 to be the correct choice for me. The ski basically needs to be able to slay a couple of quick carved turns without the need to get up to speed. Launch side hits. Pizza through the trees. Ski backwards on flat snow. And somewhat accommodate some very crude ballet techniques. Bonus if the ski surprised me enough to replace my K2 MB 90ti. Double bonus if that ski could accomplish all wishes in a sized-down (172) configuration. I'm currently thinking that the 88 179cm would be the ideal play. ...but would I be disappointed with the 172..?

cc1

Booting up
Skier
Paralysis via analysis has really got me here. I really WANT the 88 to be the correct choice for me. The ski basically needs to be able to slay a couple of quick carved turns without the need to get up to speed. Launch side hits. Pizza through the trees. Ski backwards on flat snow. And somewhat accommodate some very crude ballet techniques. Bonus if the ski surprised me enough to replace my K2 MB 90ti. Double bonus if that ski could accomplish all wishes in a sized-down (172) configuration. I'm currently thinking that the 88 179cm would be the ideal play. ...but would I be disappointed with the 172..?
I ski both the 172 and 179 older Sick Day 95, the original prior to them adding carbon tubes and switching the shape. I prefer the older version, I use the 179 more for groomers, wide open terrain, some small snow events. I use the 172 when I plan on going in the tight trees and some bumps. Both sizes get banged around in the bumps.

I also would like to try the 88 but not sure of size?

I like my Supernatural 92 cm size 172. I went shorter for versatility, and the ski handles speed well but not full out top speed. Also good in moguls and trees. This ski has metal, the newer one, not the red one, is more flexible.

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
I'm really leaning toward the 179 in the 88.
Thank you for all your helpful data points!

Sponsor

Staff online