• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
https://www.skiessentials.com/

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice review ! Why did you opt for the 176 vs 182 ?
With your skill, the amount of tip & tail rocker, and low swing-weight, I would have thought the 182 would have been your choice.
thanks ~ Andy

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Nice review ! Why did you opt for the 176 vs 182 ?
With your skill, the amount of tip & tail rocker, and low swing-weight, I would have thought the 182 would have been your choice.
thanks ~ Andy

Totally, I'd feel right at home on the 182. We just didn't have that length readily available over the past few days, although we had it at our Ski Test last week, so others skied it. I skied both the 176 and 187 cm. 187 more centered was fun, but unnecessarily long in most situations.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have skied all three lengths, and the 182 is by far the most impressive of the three. I am guessing it is the "reference" length and really brings out all the best characteristics of this ski. I am a big guy, and I own the 187 length. My son is average size and loves his 182 cm size. I have the first gen. ski and had to move the bindings back 4cm from the factory line to make the ski work well for me. Same thing on the 177 length. The 182 skied well on the factory line. I am not sure where the factory line is on the current, 2nd gen ski, but be advised the factory line may not be the optimum placement. I come from a directional ski background, just for reference. This is my favorite ski in my quiver, I can make it ski however I want, which is money. Funny, it is my go to tree ski, as the tester mentioned.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid