• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review 2020 K2 Mindbender 99Ti

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is updated from a Sneak Peek thread.
MgXdn2jPQIiIdZzr9MH0xA.jpg

So, 99 is the waist and I am sure it will be in the name and since there is some metal in it, so let's just call it the 99Ti at this point. These are not the graphics but I think they will be pretty minimalist like what is pictured. All I can say at this point....well, I really can't say too much...yet. I am not sure what the published dims will be, but the measured ones are 138-99-123 in the 177. There is a bit of rise in the tip, nothing like the Pinnacle 95. and a little in the tail. Flex is extremely balanced.

fullsizeoutput_735e.jpeg

FB1QeXARQ8WcfXMaOLCcTA.jpg

I will be getting out on these tomorrow...and the next day...

#seriousfun #bamf #youneversawthese #suchatease

Any questions that I might be able to answer?

Last edited:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Between the two.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Fanboys/fangirls of which skis should be excited about these?
You say fangirl, yes there will be women's versions coming, I believe in the first year too. These are definately on the stronger end of the scale, so Bonafide for sure, one of the people who had a lot of say in the Flipcore collection, had a good amount of influence here. Of course the Enforcer was in the sites and this will be create for the skier who finds themselves between sizes there. In spending some time on this last year, this is the ski that a lot of these other skis want to be.

So, more lika a wider iKonic than a Pinnacle right?
The designers of this ski/collection, there will be an 88 and 108 also, also designed the Charger and Ikonic collections too and there is some of those skis DNA in this new ski.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Look forward to hearing your comments about the ski. Hopefully this is the type of ski that will help inject some new excitement for the brand.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Look forward to hearing your comments about the ski. Hopefully this is the type of ski that will help inject some new excitement for the brand.
I will be holding my full review for a bit. I will say, I think they accomplished what they sought out to do. I am still thinking about @Analisa's question in post #2
Fanboys/fangirls of which skis should be excited about these?
Not that I can't answer it but just that it is such an awesome question.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm excited to hear this review. This may be one of my next ski purchases.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January