Featured Sponsored 2020 K2 Mindbender 90 Ti Review

Discussion in 'Chairlift Chat' started by SkiEssentials, Mar 7, 2019.

1. SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials Slashing Turns and Prices Pugski Sponsor

[​IMG]
    This week on Chairlift Chat we take a look at the new 2020 K2 Mindbender 90 Ti! Easily one of the most versatile skis in this width range. We're pretty stoked on the new collection as a whole! This thing made me feel like I actually know how to ski bumps...

MikeSki, Mendieta, Kcip and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tony S

Tony S aka qcanoe Skier

I tried the women's 88ti last week. My impressions line up almost perfectly with your write up. What to you know about the differences, if any, between the 88ti Alliance and the unisex 90ti? Thanks in advance.

3. Coach13

Coach13 Out on the slopes Skier

I’m thinking I need a pair of these

SkiEssentials and Philpug like this.
  4. Fuller

Fuller T shirts & flip flops... Skier

I'm looking to replace my 5 year old Rossi E88's, this should be on my short list as I'm looking for a more bump friendly 90ish ski.

Mendieta likes this.
  5. MikeSki

MikeSki At the base lodge Skier

Hi Guys
    Ive just picked up a pair of these 90Ti's . Any recommendations on mounting, go with factory , or a little forward ?

6. GregK

GregK Getting off the lift Skier

The mount on the 90Ti and 99Ti are 11cm back of center and the 108Ti is 9.75cm back from center so all pretty traditional. Moving a 90Ti forward a touch would make it a touch more playful without losing much stability. Can usually move any mount plus/minus a couple of cm without issue although I definetly wouldn’t be moving these mounts backwards at all. Moving these +2cm would be similar to an Enforcer ski mount or +1 would still be -1cm on an Enforcer.

Some K2 pros are riding these WAY forward(+6cm or -3.75cm from center on the 108Ti) which I wouldn’t recommend but it goes to show they have a large mounting sweet spot. I tried the 99Ti at both recommended and plus 2cm and worked great at either.

If you’re used to more forward mounts in other free style/free ride type skis, there shouldn’t be an issue moving forward a bit. If you’re used to traditional mounted skis, the factory line is perfect.

7. Philpug

Philpug Enjoying being back on two skis. Admin Pugski Ski Tester

I skied both the 90 and 99 in a 177 on the line and they were perfect, I would not want them .01cm up from that. For a point of reference I also ski most every 177-180 ski in this class on the line too. Now, if I was going with a 184...I might consider moving it up but IMHO if I have to go with a 184..it would be on the wrong ski and I should be looking elsewhere.

8. MikeSki

Thanks Guys!
    Much appreciated, ill go with the standard .

Im currently on the Black Crows 172 Orb ( 2 sheets of Metal ),Powerful ski . Ive now got the 90Ti in a 170 . Anyone skied both ?. Im hoping its a little more playful than the Orb as its a touch stiff and takes heaps of skier input 90% of the time .Im 5'8 160 pounds

9. Dadskier

Dadskier Getting off the lift Skier

I've demoed the 99 and really enjoyed them, how much different will the 90 feel from that?

10. GregK

GregK Getting off the lift Skier

Wrote this on another thread for a person asking about the 99Ti vs the 90Ti or 108Ti.

The 99Ti is the heaviest of the series(2300-2350grams in the 184cm) with the 108Ti(2200 grams in 186cm) being a softer flex and lighter than the 99Ti. 108Ti Mount is moves up 1.25cm forward in the 108Ti compared to the 99Ti or 90Ti as well.

The 90Ti felt pretty similar flex wise to the 99Ti with the 90Ti maybe a bit stiffer but a decent amount lighter(2050 grams in 184cm).

So the 90Ti feels similar to the the 99Ti but will not quite be as good through crud as it’s 1/2 pound lighter and not as wide. 90Ti is quicker edge to edge and a little more playful I found.

Still think you’d like the 90Ti if you liked the 99Ti but it won’t be quite the crud cruiser the 99Ti is. Keep in mind the Mindbender 90Ti is still heavier than skis like the Rustler 9 or Brahma so it still has weight behind it. Enforcer 93 would be in between the 90Ti and 99Ti weights for reference.

I’d happily own the 90Ti myself as it’s a little more playful than the Enforcer but more dampness and backbone than a Rustler 9 for example.

Dadskier likes this.
  11. MikeSki

Thanks
    Just spent a few days on the 90, bloody awesome

Dadskier and Philpug like this.