• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Jeep Gladiator

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Seems to make sense, even if they can just take a small peice of Tacoma sales. I think it looks great and Jeep folks will eat it up. There are Jeep people (yes, I don't understand) that need a truck, right?

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Built in my hometown!

But on the other hand,my sense of good taste may be off too, I always thought the 80’s model Grand Wagoneers were cool!

Your taste isn't off - the 80s GW is objectively awesome. There is a nicely restored navy one that lives in my neighborhood and I covet it.

As for the new model, I kind of like it. I don't really "need" a truck, but then again, I don't really "need" a jeep either. For that reason, I'm probably well-within the target market.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If only Jeep had Toyota or Subaru build quality. I love the look and style but nothing else.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Seems to make sense, even if they can just take a small peice of Tacoma sales. I think it looks great and Jeep folks will eat it up. There are Jeep people (yes, I don't understand) that need a truck, right?

I expect it will be quite popular amongst the watersports lifestyle crowd around here; the fact that the bed is short is irrelevant since even a full size bed needs to be extended to fit jet skis or a lot of kayaks.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I'll stick with this.

20181006_160024_Burst01.jpg

WheatKing

Ice coast carveaholic
Skier
I'm a jeep guy and it's meh... kinda has a design by committee look to it.. it's nearly as big as most 1/2 ton trucks.. which.. while nice.. kinda misses the point..

I've got an 82 wagoneer i'm restoring.. all the bells and whistles including air and factory sunroof (which doesn't leak to this day!). To many awesome concepts led up to this.. you can see where the accountants were.. nope.. nope ... just use this part.. Glad they're finally making it.. but maybe the next version will be better.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Rich Jeep Truck Heritage

Hah. They had to dig deep for that one.

At least it is a truck which has some added utility over a wrangler. Was wondering when they were going to try something more pracitcal.

Last edited: